CrazyEngineers
  • 🎉
    UGC(university Grants Commision) has announced that A student who is pursuing a B.sc course can apply for B.Tech and those who is pursuing engineering degree can apply for bachelor of science.UGC had said that the student cant apply for another degree in same college but he can opt in other college.
    UGC had created a committee for exploring the possibilities of students to pursue dual degree at a time and this committee had met for the meeting in july and came up with a good and happy decision that students can enroll for two degrees at a time(eg: He/She can enroll for B.tech cs and apply for B.A history If he had fulfilled the Eligibility Criteria.
    Former Vice Chancellor of Madras University has stated the decision that "Need of the hour".
    Whats your take on this.
    Source😁eccan Chronicle😁
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • mmm111

MemberAug 17, 2013

This is what am waiting for..... am into my first year b.tech can i appy for b.sc or my favourite b.a history? how is it possible? is other degree is in correspondence ?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 17, 2013

mmm111
    This is what am waiting for..... am into my first year b.tech can i appy for b.sc or my favourite b.a history? how is it possible? is other degree is in correspondence ?
    You can only take on the course which your CURRENT college can offer. No correspondence / no other college. Same one only.
    Cancel
  • mmm111

MemberAug 18, 2013

Nayan Goenka
    You can only take on the course which your CURRENT college can offer. No correspondence / no other college. Same one only.

then what's the thread is all about? it says that "a student can simultaneously take up other courses too" right? but u saying thats not? !
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 18, 2013

mmm111
    then what's the thread is all about? it says that "a student can simultaneously take up other courses too" right? but u saying thats not? !

You can simultaneously take B.Tech and B.Sc in SAME college, not any correspondence degree or degree from different college.
    Cancel
  • mmm111

MemberAug 18, 2013

Nayan Goenka
    You can simultaneously take B.Tech and B.Sc in SAME college, not any correspondence degree or degree from different college.

not at all..the report says that the other should not be a regular one..from a different university
    Cancel
  • mmm111

MemberAug 18, 2013

you review what the starter of thread has said,."UGC had said that the student cant apply for another degree in same college but he can opt in other college." " He/She can enroll for B.tech cs and apply for B.A history If he had fulfilled the Eligibility Criteria."
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 18, 2013

mmm111
    you review what the starter of thread has said,."UGC had said that the student cant apply for another degree in same college but he can opt in other college." " He/She can enroll for B.tech cs and apply for B.A history If he had fulfilled the Eligibility Criteria."

OOps my bad. reversed it. sorry
    Cancel
  • mmm111

MemberAug 18, 2013

yes..
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 18, 2013

refer the following link to know the updated decision of UGC
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • mail154

MemberAug 18, 2013

ya i too read that..csk auto when will it be effective? do you aware of the procedures?
    Cancel
  • mail154

MemberAug 31, 2013

@CSKAUTO no details more than this available as of now?
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 31, 2013

Will update after I get a detailed info.Sorry for now.
    Cancel
  • mail154

MemberAug 31, 2013

No Problem..I Am Really Interested in this and in all pages i can get same amount of data and nothing more than that..So I Asked You.. 😀
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register