God Is An Engineer

Hi all CEs

I want to see an open Openion on this topic.

GOD IS AN ENGINEER.

so what you guys say?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is it a debate topic? ๐Ÿ˜
  • yudi
    yudi
    yes K

i started this thread for those techies who believe in god.
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    According to me...
    Science is the rationality that man derives , so that he does not fear the happenings around him, now whether these explanations are right are wrong ..m sure we wont ever be able to find out. at every invention we think we have found out d best..
    and in a couple of years we come up with a better one..

Now when we start to understand gods creation (US, nature) we realise we know almost nothing about it..

And until we do id like to asssume that god is a engineer, and a damn good one..

PS: I am not a strong believer in god but, i do appreciate the world around us.

Cheers....
  • Itanium
    Itanium
    No opinions...
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    How did you guess my secret....just don't tell anyone else :sshhh::sshhh:
  • geococeo
    geococeo
    well this is a complicated question and deserves a confusing answer...
    i feel that engineering is a human activity, and that certain humans that do certain activities pertaining to the design and construction of machines, electronics, etc etc etc, should for the sake of clarity in meaning call themselves engineers. To call GOD an engineer i believe does not clarify the idea of GOD. In my mind i can conjure up an abstract notion of what god is only in terms of omnipotent energy surrounding, consuming, and ultimately motivating ALL things in ALL space(the great great) and although engineering lies within the scope of ALL things it is a simplification to say that GOD engineers. Worse yet it is not just oversimplified, it is the personification of something far more vast than human persons. there is a cultural tendency(in my culture, all are different) to personify GOD as a big white MAN with a beard who sits on a cloud and conducts human activity! Obviously this is ridiculous but some people believe this and the root of the error, i believe, is the personification of GOD.
    Perhaps the root is the notion that ALL things should be defined in terms of human understanding, isnt that the only context ALL can be defined in, because we are human? we are confined in our own understandings? In our perception of reality(engineers reality especially) GOD acts as engineer in so many applications. If relating GOD actions to the actions of humans helps the perception and conception of GOD than by all means GOD is an engineer and a chef and a cat and a flower and destruction and mistakes and birthdays and and and and......
  • gohm
    gohm
    This is a really good post regardless of your personal beliefs! (inteligent, well thought out & supported with explanations) Thanks geococeo.

geococeo
    well this is a complicated question and deserves a confusing answer...
    i feel that engineering is a human activity, and that certain humans that do certain activities pertaining to the design and construction of machines, electronics, etc etc etc, should for the sake of clarity in meaning call themselves engineers. To call GOD an engineer i believe does not clarify the idea of GOD. In my mind i can conjure up an abstract notion of what god is only in terms of omnipotent energy surrounding, consuming, and ultimately motivating ALL things in ALL space(the great great) and although engineering lies within the scope of ALL things it is a simplification to say that GOD engineers. Worse yet it is not just oversimplified, it is the personification of something far more vast than human persons. there is a cultural tendency(in my culture, all are different) to personify GOD as a big white MAN with a beard who sits on a cloud and conducts human activity! Obviously this is ridiculous but some people believe this and the root of the error, i believe, is the personification of GOD.
    Perhaps the root is the notion that ALL things should be defined in terms of human understanding, isnt that the only context ALL can be defined in, because we are human? we are confined in our own understandings? In our perception of reality(engineers reality especially) GOD acts as engineer in so many applications. If relating GOD actions to the actions of humans helps the perception and conception of GOD than by all means GOD is an engineer and a chef and a cat and a flower and destruction and mistakes and birthdays and and and and......
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    God is everyweer,he is everything..calling him just an engineer is baseless!!!....well engineer is part of many roles he plays!!!
  • Jeanius
    Jeanius
    I, for one, am an atheist, and therefore don't have much of an opinion. But if there is a god, and he has the power to do "anything," I'm sure he could manage engineering. Really I'm replying because this topic reminds me of a joke:

A mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer, and a civil engineer are all discussing what kind of engineer god is. The mechanical engineer says, "God is definitely a mechanical engineer. The body is composed of a series of levers, hinges, junctions... God has got to be mechanical." The electrical engineer says, "No, he's got to be electrical. Nothing in the body would move without the electrical signals that innervate the muscles!" Then the civil engineer chimes in, "Hah, no way, he's a civil. Who else would put a waste distribution plant next to an amusement park?"

๐Ÿ˜
  • krishniha
    krishniha
    GOD(UNSEEN): It means the one and the only lord for all the universe, its creator, owner, organizer, provider, master, planner, sustainer, cherisher and giver of security.

krishniha๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Can't he be both? When the beauty of nature make you feel awe-inspired and the intricacies of human body take you by surprise, you feel God has to be both. An artist's soul trapped in an engineer's body.. or vice versa? Will we ever know?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is Gaurav , I am currently in third year of my Computer Engineering. I have been a member of CE for two days now and i am absolutely loving...
Hey guys think about this! We all know that sound is one form of energy! SO why don we convert the sound energy to some useful form! Is it possible???
CEans! I'm happy to tell you that we feature on AllTop.com's newly added Engineering section! ๐Ÿ˜ Our feed will appear at AllTop -> Engineering (scroll down) [Note that AllTop is...
Discuss the following announcement in this thread! https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/3784-ce-forums-alltop-com-new-post.html ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
hi guys....i'm back... i'm doing final year mechanical...... i have planned to do a project on the following.... We all know tat sound energy is one form of energy.... why...