View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12921 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Mar 10, 2011

Gmail's Smart Labels: Bulk, Forums, Notifications

Gmail has introduced a new feature called Bulk, Forums, Notifications. If you enable these smart labels, Gmail will automatically try to figure out the nature of the message sent and classify them accordingly. That is a message from any message board like CrazyEngineers will be marked 'Forums', Message which are a part of bulk mailing (email newsletters) will be makred 'Bulk and notifications from social networking sites like FB, Twitter etc. will be marked under 'Notifications'.

Gmail hopes to fight the email overload problem with this feature. What's your take on it?
The_Big_K
Gmail has introduced a new feature called Bulk, Forums, Notifications. If you enable these smart labels, Gmail will automatically try to figure out the nature of the message sent and classify them accordingly. That is a message from any message board like CrazyEngineers will be marked 'Forums', Message which are a part of bulk mailing (email newsletters) will be makred 'Bulk and notifications from social networking sites like FB, Twitter etc. will be marked under 'Notifications'.

Gmail hopes to fight the email overload problem with this feature. What's your take on it?
Wow, I guess I haven't enabled it or not yet rolled out for me... Ya, thats a good feature which uses AI. But all these things need a solid training right?
Reya
Reya • Mar 10, 2011
Thats nice 😀I didnt notice it!

Share this content on your social channels -