Gmail's Smart Labels: Bulk, Forums, Notifications

Gmail has introduced a new feature called Bulk, Forums, Notifications. If you enable these smart labels, Gmail will automatically try to figure out the nature of the message sent and classify them accordingly. That is a message from any message board like CrazyEngineers will be marked 'Forums', Message which are a part of bulk mailing (email newsletters) will be makred 'Bulk and notifications from social networking sites like FB, Twitter etc. will be marked under 'Notifications'.

Gmail hopes to fight the email overload problem with this feature. What's your take on it?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Gmail has introduced a new feature called Bulk, Forums, Notifications. If you enable these smart labels, Gmail will automatically try to figure out the nature of the message sent and classify them accordingly. That is a message from any message board like CrazyEngineers will be marked 'Forums', Message which are a part of bulk mailing (email newsletters) will be makred 'Bulk and notifications from social networking sites like FB, Twitter etc. will be marked under 'Notifications'.

Gmail hopes to fight the email overload problem with this feature. What's your take on it?
    Wow, I guess I haven't enabled it or not yet rolled out for me... Ya, thats a good feature which uses AI. But all these things need a solid training right?
  • Reya
    Reya
    Thats nice 😀I didnt notice it!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Those who aren't aware of the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org, the former is the hosted platform and the later is the downloadable CMS that you can host on any...
The world celebrates Women's Day. I'm wondering why not have a Men's Day? Any opinions?
CEans, We've profile visitor message enabled for all the members. If you have a comment that is not a part of the ongoing discussion (Ex. suggestion to the member), you...
Hi all.. I'm George, new to this forum and hope i have to get and share some useful information here. And i'm happy to stay here with you all.
A day before yesterday the world celebrated Womens' day. And a day before that I came across a couple of articles. 1. By Engineer Apprentice Survey: few engineers can name...