Global Prepaid SIM Card Called "Jaxtr SIM" Launched By Sabeer Bhatia

A global prepaid SIM card called Jaxtr Sim has been launched by Jaxtr Inc. a company co-founded by Hotmail co-founder Sabeer Bhatia and Yogesh Patel. The card is ideal for international travellers and works well with Android, Nokia, Blackberry phones. The USP of the card is that it allows users to make calls internationally at much cheaper rates than competitors. The company says that the global SIM card will work in every country and allow sending texts and making calls.

The card will do much more than that. Jaxtr says that the card will allow Internet connectivity, free forwarding to voicemail, and voicemail to email feature at no additional costs. The card will also update the local important contacts based on your location automatically which will make life a lot easier for frequent international traveler. Sabeer Bhatia says that their global network supports 200+ countries, without extra roaming charges. The website advertises flat rate of 15¢ per text or per minute in countries like India, USA, Canada and China and 25¢ in most of the other countries.
jaxtr-global-sim-card

In order to use the card, you will have to simply order the sim card online or buy it at any airport. Once you insert your new sim and dial 111, you will receive a new USA phone number through a text message. You may then start calling anywhere in the world with your new number and the card will offer you 60 minutes of free calling to begin with.

We checked the price of the SIM card. If you order it in India - you can get the card delivered at your home for just Rs. 600. Sounds like a good deal to us.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just thought of another important player in the same domain - The Matrix International SIM card. I checked their website and looks like they've a ton of offers with totally free incoming calls in 100+ countries, free voice calls to India for 15 minutes every day. Just wondering how the two cards would compare against each other? Which one's got the best pricing, plans and offers?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Had major problem with matrix a year back having to pay a pot of money for facilities I never asked for nor used. Even though my company are their corporate clients. No satisfactory explanation was given. I am wary of Matrix.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    Had major problem with matrix a year back having to pay a pot of money for facilities I never asked for nor used. Even though my company are their corporate clients. No satisfactory explanation was given. I am wary of Matrix.
    Though a phone connection would be incredibly useful, but I think when we've skype - paying for 'calls' doesn't look like a good decision.

Never used Matrix or any other global SIM. I wish I had all the money to travel around the world 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Never used Matrix or any other global SIM. I wish I had all the money to travel around the world 😀
    This was on a personal trip to visit my children. Shelled out a lot of personal money.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello , im a civil engg. student ,can anybody say how to calculate the steel requirements for house constructions . it would be helpful for me guys .
Read this : forbesindia.com/article/beyond-business/ankit-fadia-revealed/34793/0# Interesting article.
can we make electricity by using light of different sources like tube light , day lamp, etc? plz give some ideas !!
we can charge our automobile battery by using dyanamo attached to front wheel of our vehicle. as dyanamo converts rotatory motion into electricity but we are using lead-acid battery in...
i want to do some project i.e; model presentation in my college but i want to know which project will be better for me? as i am b.tech first year...