Glancee Acquired By Facebook!

Looks like Facebook is out for shopping. After the much hyped acquisition of mobile photo sharing app Instagram for $1 billion, Facebook has acquired the 3 person team of Glancee. Glancee is a social, location based app that allowed people to discover communities and people around them with similar interests. Glancee posted a message on their front page announcing the acquisition by Facebook and has also enabled the facility to allow users to download their content, personal information from Glancee, in case they didn't want to be on Facebook acquire Glancee.

The total value of the deal is not yet clear, but I'm quite sure it's in the range of few tens of millions , if not hundreds of millions. One thing is clear - Facebook is targeting hit apps in the mobile domain and is on shopping spree. Who'd be the next? 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung Galaxy S3 was recently launched and the company has promised to launch the phone in India next month. The official price of S3 will be Rs. 38000, which is...
Indian food is incomplete without the home-made pickles ornamenting the plate. Pinank Shah saw a business opportunity in pickles, noticing how his mother-in-law distributed kilos of pickles to family and...
hey...guys wanted to ask that project should i make ? please can you suggest something though i m not through with java so suggest something using c or c++. i...
Can anybody tell me about free CNC software where I can write and learn coding and check whether my codes are right and working.
Hi CEans, I have Virtual box installed and I have Android 4.1 virtual machine.But I want to enjoy all the apps. provided or supported by Android 4.1. When I enter...