give your suggestions for buying a laptop with good configuration

csiscool
@csiscool-qA5mGA โ€ข Oct 27, 2024

my budget is 30000 to 40000. I want to know what are all features that I should ask to sales man,which are all essential .bcoz, I dont know which ram type is best like ddr or some other and also I dont know which is best processor type.and which one is good for the following purposes and which one is advanced.
I want the laptop to browse and for programming and some entertainment fun too ๐Ÿ˜€,not for playing games..

my friends suggesting me to get laptop on Dell..tell me whether it is good or not?

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • csiscool

    @csiscool-qA5mGA • Sep 19, 2010

    also please tell me how many ports that the best laptop config have

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Sep 19, 2010

    I bought Dell Inspiron 15 few months ago and it's really a good computer, especially with uBuntu 10 loaded. I bought it from one of their retail stores and it cost me about INR. 35k. The laptop is really good considering that its usage is limited to document/image editing and internet browsing. It comes with Windows7 home edition which does the job very well.

    I don't think you'll have to worry about the ports unless you want to use them for specific purpose. I'm happy with the 3 USB ports. The machine comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi module, which is very common for the modern laptops.

    Before buying any laptop, the first question you should ask yourself is "What's the purpose of the machine?". If you want a gaming machine, you'll need more RAM and obviously a GPU. In my opinion, any HDD beyond 300 GB is more than sufficient (unless you want to load your computer with movies and songs, which I don't recommend). If you want a machine for programming and entertainment; any laptop with 2 GB ram is enough to do the job.

    PS: If you want mobility, go with smaller screen sizes. Carrying a bulky laptop can sometimes be a pain in the a$$.

  • Reya

    @reya-SMihdC • Sep 19, 2010

    if u r in a plan of buying the dell laptop just go to dell.com site and see the models and u can know the range of different models..u can also personalize according to your usage as biggie told๐Ÿ˜€

  • Ashraf HZ

    @Ash • Sep 19, 2010

    Psst.. buy an AMD powered laptop. Support them! ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • gohm

    @gohm-F3UUpP • Sep 20, 2010

    +1 on AMD units

  • csiscool

    @csiscool-qA5mGA • Sep 22, 2010

    Guys I heard Dell laps having problem in battery after the warranty ..Is that true?