give your suggestions for buying a laptop with good configuration

my budget is 30000 to 40000. I want to know what are all features that I should ask to sales man,which are all essential .bcoz, I dont know which ram type is best like ddr or some other and also I dont know which is best processor type.and which one is good for the following purposes and which one is advanced.
I want the laptop to browse and for programming and some entertainment fun too 😀,not for playing games..

my friends suggesting me to get laptop on Dell..tell me whether it is good or not?

Replies

• csiscool
    csiscool
    also please tell me how many ports that the best laptop config have
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I bought Dell Inspiron 15 few months ago and it's really a good computer, especially with uBuntu 10 loaded. I bought it from one of their retail stores and it cost me about INR. 35k. The laptop is really good considering that its usage is limited to document/image editing and internet browsing. It comes with Windows7 home edition which does the job very well.

I don't think you'll have to worry about the ports unless you want to use them for specific purpose. I'm happy with the 3 USB ports. The machine comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi module, which is very common for the modern laptops.

Before buying any laptop, the first question you should ask yourself is "What's the purpose of the machine?". If you want a gaming machine, you'll need more RAM and obviously a GPU. In my opinion, any HDD beyond 300 GB is more than sufficient (unless you want to load your computer with movies and songs, which I don't recommend). If you want a machine for programming and entertainment; any laptop with 2 GB ram is enough to do the job.

PS: If you want mobility, go with smaller screen sizes. Carrying a bulky laptop can sometimes be a pain in the a$$.
  • Reya
    Reya
    if u r in a plan of buying the dell laptop just go to dell.com site and see the models and u can know the range of different models..u can also personalize according to your usage as biggie told😀
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Psst.. buy an AMD powered laptop. Support them! 😉
  • gohm
    gohm
    +1 on AMD units
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    Guys I heard Dell laps having problem in battery after the warranty ..Is that true?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends!! i got to ask some doubts.Let me ask now. Whenever i open a word file another word file is created as ~$file name.When i close the word file...
Avast me mates, today be ye ole International Talk Like A Pyrate day. Arr. The Official site for International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19
Hello folks! Name is PM. Currently, 4th year electrical engineer with comp sci minor 😉
please provide me the specification of gsm controlled robot
import java.awt.*; import java.applet.*; public class fi extends Applet implements Runnable { Button b[] = new Button[1]; int x1=0; Thread t; public void init() { for(int i=0;i<1;i++) { setLayout(new FlowLayout());...