Getting up early in the morning is 'old fashioned' - why?

It turns out that people usually (and only) get up early in the morning (around 6 AM or before) when they've to catch a bus or a train. Or maybe your work-shift, tuition is scheduled early morning. The quantity of those who get up early in the morning to execute their own agenda is rapidly diminishing. So I hardly meet anyone who gets up early in the morning on their own to go to the gym or exercise or just to get some more 'day time'. It's very RARE to see anyone get up early on a regular Sunday morning!

I hope you're getting my point. Is it that sleeping till late in the morning is more 'cool' or is it that your work tires you so much that you need more rest? Or is it that people party so hard till late in the night that getting up early is impossible (hangover, maybe)?

In case you forgot, you were taught the following when you were a kid -

Early to Bed
Early to Rise
Makes a Child
Healthy
Wealthy
and Wise.

Maybe it doesn't hold true in modern times? What's your take?

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    This thread made me realize that I also prefer to wake up late in the morning even though I slept early the last night..πŸ˜‰
    After my school days I hardly remember that I woke early without any urgency of work.
    Now while my college days, I wake early only when my exam is on that day or I've to catch any train..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is more of an habit, we procrastinate things all rite, then all these issues happen.
    There are multiple reasons for this to happen, since childhood my dad used to come late and wake up late, I used to stay awake till my dad comes then I wake up late along with him.
    Then joined engineering, waking up late is so cool in engineering and then it became a habit for me.
    I am trying to change my schedule but its very difficult.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Being late to bed is synonyms with me But I stick to the policy of minimum 6.5 hours of sleep that makes it late

I am not to be blamed πŸ˜›

Anyways this is one of the most recent evolution of Industrialization people stay up late and find it really difficult to wake up in the morning
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Taking the discussion forward. Have you even been excited by something so much that it made you wake up early in the morning?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I have specially if I have an early morning appointment in my place of work I am up sharply at 5 Other than that nothing has budged me till 7 or 7 20
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Movie at 8.45 Am always excites me. I will wake up at 7 am that day πŸ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Wake up just before sunrise and watch rising sun....
    Trust me you feel awesomeπŸ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Wake up: 5:45 AM. Wife wakes up much earlier and goes off for a walk in the layout with friends. Only time I get in the kitchen for my chores: Boiling milk, brewing coffee for the day, inoculating previous day's milk for curds (that is bio technology, by the way), collect all coffee grounds and previous day's kitchen biowaste (for composting) and clean up the substantial mess created. To the compost pit for waste disposal, weeding, watering and pruning for an hour or more if possible. Just enough time for yoga, bit of pranayama and get ready to go off to work.
    Sunday more of the same.
    Old fashioned.
    At 73 who needs a justification for being old fashioned?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Blame my engineering college for that. Our night actually starts after 2 AM, thats when we start thinking about sleeping and I am maintaining that habit in my post graduation also. Getting up early at 6 or 7 AM seems like a strange thought now. May be we are getting more adapted to night life (as you said hangover doesnt let one wake up early). Whatever is the reason, when I have something important in the morning, I am always ready at the right time, otherwise its always at least 10 AM...πŸ˜‰ And this is the case every single engineering student I have met till now.
    #-Link-Snipped-# i prefer to be awake whole night,watch sunrise and then go to sleep, more awesome...πŸ˜‰
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Pensu
    Blame my engineering college for that. Our night actually starts after 2 AM, thats when we start thinking about sleeping and I am maintaining that habit in my post graduation also. Getting up early at 6 or 7 AM seems like a strange thought now. May be we are getting more adapted to night life (as you said hangover doesnt let one wake up early). Whatever is the reason, when I have something important in the morning, I am always ready at the right time, otherwise its always at least 10 AM...πŸ˜‰ And this is the case every single engineering student I have met till now.
    #-Link-Snipped-# i prefer to be awake whole night,watch sunrise and then go to sleep, more awesome...πŸ˜‰
    I seriously lol'ed hard at your last line...😁

Me, strange thing happen to me. However late I sleep, I wake up automatically at 6-7 am. However, I just stay in bed, killing time, especially in winter times if you understand what I mean...😘
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    When i was doing a project work during a summer vacation, it was required that we all stay in the hostel. During my hostel stay, my room mate and i would watch a couple of movies up to 3 A.M and sometimes even up to 4.

then we would sleep and wake up at 11.30 A.M and have our "brunch".
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I like to awake early in the morning because I get more done during the day than in the night. On weekends I may a little later. I don't think it is old fashioned I just think that university life is different in that way. Im speaking from experience, now that I am finished and working its different. When your priorities change your sleeping habits will.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We currently use number of posts to decide the rank of the user on the community. The higher the post count, the higher is the rank and the user title....
i have always faced difficulty in differing them..........as there purpose seems to be the same.
How can i identify a rotor interms of number of poles, frame size etc if its not marked. l want to match a rotors to their stators but the challenge...
NAME: PRAVEEN M P TRADE:CIVIL ENGINEERING OCCUPATION:SITE ENGINEER IN DM-WIMS HOBBIES:READING BOOKS ,PLAYING SHUTTLE ND FOOTBALL
If bandwidth of some channel is B then why maximum data rate is 2B?