Genome mapping of malware may help halt them in their tracks

Genome mapping is about to invade the cyberspace. Malware is the bane of the Internet. Currently one tries to develop anti malware cures after one surfaces.

Invincea labs in Fairfax, Virginia are looking to find family patterns among existing malware. Genemapping computer viruses like their biological precursors which are a curse on humans. This may be the first step to catching them as they turn up.

More here in this article from the New Scientist:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is impossible to keep a good man down. Especially Einstein. The LHC experiment seemed to show that the speed of light is not the limit. Within hours this had...
Want to book your LPG cylinder online via an android app? Well, leading LPG cylinders service providers Bharat Gas, Indane and HP Gas have launched their respective android apps to...
In a dual SIM phone, why do I get call waiting on one of the SIM when there's a call in progress on another SIM?
How does the design equation vary for hollow sections such as cylindrical pipe (under tension or compression) vary from the design of solid sections. Normally you would calculate the stress...
I m a cs engineering student in Integral university lko,its my third year n m worried abt my future 2 be!.. i love programmng ..n as an engineer i want...