Vineeth akula
    sir,
    i am vineeth, am an 2nd year student in civil engi. discipline
    here are the some of things i would like to know
    1.an over view one GATE and GRE
    2.is GATE exam that difficult?? !!
    3.in what aspects the GATE and GRE exam test us
    please consider me and get we aware of above topics
    Have you tried googling your queries? There are plenty of articles already out there that will address your questions. 😀

Did you not understand anything? Feel free to ask.
  • rocky14321
    rocky14321
    hi vineeth ,
    GRE(graduate record examination)is a mandatory exam for studying in U.S. you need to pass this exam inorder to join an university in U.S. it is a grade scale of 280-340 marks.It contains math and verbal section.the timing for math is 35 mins and for verbal is 30mins.the lowest securing mark in GRE is 280, below that ur mark wont be and the highest is 340. So this 280-340 is the scale.if u get above 310 it is good.This is an online examination and u must register in ETS website.

Gate is for persuaing higher studies in IIT,government universities, and now all central government jobs they ask for gate marks.gate exam is for out of 100 and u will get 65 questions.It has 1 mark and 2mark ques. it has offline and online examinations.But this year few departments are made online compulsarily.It comes in jan (online) and offline(feb).
  • avii
    avii
    I wrote this blog post recently : #-Link-Snipped-#

have a look, should answer most of your queries.
  • rocky14321
    rocky14321
    ur post was good avi
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    GRE to have a good exposure and GATE to have a proper technical knowledge about the subject. Today GATE is pursued mainly by those who want to choose teaching as their profession.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans😀, I would be thankful if anyone could help me by providing few topics concerned with latest technologies in EC field for Seminar. I have searched on my part...
i'm working on a rf controlled surveillance robot. my only problem is the wireless camera module has a receiver with rca output. but i need 2 see the live video...
i wanna make all spectrum cell phone jammer can any one help me?????😀
could anyone post links/technical details on working and new improvements?
hii friends i want to make the magnetik carom. which will operate only on the different types of magnets? plese give me sugession on this topic.