Gate 2012 help

Hi CEans...

I'm a 3rd year ECE student, planning to apper for GATE 2012....Purchased 3-4 books as well.... But not getting the start..... 1st week it was alright but now ..... books aur mere beech kilometer ki doori hai!!!!!!

Its August now... Have to be more serious.... CAn someone guide me on how to plan my studies and carry it through....... I would definitely be indebted......

Replies

• cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    Hi greenprash,

Be cool..... Solve the questions in the book whatever u hav taken whenever u feel to read so that u ll get confidence in cracking the paper .... all the best ......
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @greenprash: English is the language of the forum.
    Plus, long trail of dots between words is a bad habit.

1. Grab hold of previous year question papers if possible with solutions.
    2. Refer to syllabus and analyze the number of questions asked in each subject.
    3. Make a priority list of subjects based on marks or preference given it in previous exams.
    4. Finish thorough reading of a chapter of subject, make short notes of important points, this will help you at last moment to revise what you have read.
    5. Also to try to get Test Series from other friends. Solve all of them. This will help you to assess yourself for level of understanding of the chapter you read.
    6. Use a single note book for question answer solution because you may refer it while revising.
    7. Finish detailed reading at least one and half month before. Keep one month for revisions and clearing leftover doubts. Have a look of question you solved during preparation for GATE and remember how you solved them.
    all the best.
  • greenprash
    greenprash
    Aren't there any ECE student over here appearing for GATE 2012?

I found nobody from the ECE department.
  • einstein.pankaj
    einstein.pankaj
    i am from ece and in 3rd year
    i have ordered a book of solved gate papers, arihant publication
    will it work ?
    suggest me...
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Greenpash: This would help you to prepare for GATE.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • greenprash
    greenprash
    I don't know.. I started with GK publishers and Upkar's.. GK has good explanations...

Most people go for Brilliant, Gateforum materials... I have also heard that Kanodia book is excellent...
  • einstein.pankaj
    einstein.pankaj
    okay better if we together can discuss the problems and concept....
    anyways thanks..
  • hypernova
    hypernova
    Someone told me that from this year 3rd year students are not eligible to give GATE. Only final year students are eligible. Although you should confirm this, as someone told me this, and I have not confirmed this from any official source.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @hypernova: Its confirmed......3rd year student are not eligible to write GATE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I happened to read this blog which is about the story of Founder and CEO of Boeing aircrafts. Mr. Bill Boeing. I read it full but I am more inspired...
Hi guys , plz post any material or link for "applications of 8086 microprocessor " ...... waiting for reply......
As Hazare diden't threaten anyone's life or commit any crime, he should be free to do anything as long as its no harm to anyone, anything. then why government allowed...
๐Ÿ‘
hey ppl ... i am new to this crazy engineers forum .... i have a query ... if anyone of you can help me and answer my question ... that...