CrazyEngineers
  • I *might* just buy Samsung Galaxy Note - one of the devices that's really got my attention. The Note has a bigger screen so that I can do email and web browsing and it's got a phone as well; something I miss in tablets. So whenever I roam, I won't have to carry a laptop/tablet & phone. The Samsung Galaxy Note would be all in one device. Samsung Galaxy Note is on my watchlist in 2012. What about you?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberDec 20, 2011

A very cheap Tablet around 20$ from china. 😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 20, 2011

godfather
    A very cheap Tablet around 20$ from china. 😀
    $20 Tablet? Or buying a calculator? 😉
    Cancel
  • Reya

MemberDec 20, 2011

I'm planning to get either Sony Ericsson w8 or Samsung galaxy Ace 😀
    Cancel
  • KenJackson

MemberDec 20, 2011

I may buy some kind of android-based smartphone.

I've been very impressed when I've been driving someplace with friends and someone whips out their phone and googles the place or finds competing stores in the area. Very cool. Very convenient.

The problem is the size. The tiny little Samsung phone I now carry is big enough, even though it's nearly the smallest phone on the market. I don't use a pocket protector and I don't want a phone holster on my belt.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

KenJackson
    I may buy some kind of android-based smartphone.

I've been very impressed when I've been driving someplace with friends and someone whips out their phone and googles the place or finds competing stores in the area. Very cool. Very convenient.
    I think the only (and important) downside Android phones have is their poor battery life. The most famous Android phone - Samsung Galaxy SII won't last for more than 8-10 hours. Even after conditioning the battery with initial 0-100% charge/discharge cycles, the phone reportedly lasts for only a day.

I must say iPhone delivers the promise of longer battery life. But then there are call drop complaints; which I think are mostly because of the carrier signal strength issues. Verizon, I think, is better choice in Maryland.
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberDec 20, 2011

The_Big_K
    $20 Tablet? Or buying a calculator? 😉
    That's China Power Big Sir. 😎
    Actually i want to do some embedded experiments so targeting cheaper Tablet 😍
    Cancel
  • adren022

MemberDec 20, 2011

The_Big_K
    I think the only (and important) downside Android phones have is their poor battery life. The most famous Android phone - Samsung Galaxy SII won't last for more than 8-10 hours. Even after conditioning the battery with initial 0-100% charge/discharge cycles, the phone reportedly lasts for only a day.

I must say iPhone delivers the promise of longer battery life. But then there are call drop complaints; which I think are mostly because of the carrier signal strength issues. Verizon, I think, is better choice in Maryland.
    Sir, Once a person learns enough about Andriod OS such that you can root your phone(of course there will be no warranty after that) not only battery life all other aspects in the phone from the processor speed, battery life to memory management everything can be made better. 😀
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

[Off Topic] - I'm yet to be knighted. 'Sir' can be postponed until next few years. [ / Off Topic ]
    Cancel
  • Gandalf

MemberDec 20, 2011

planning to buy a htc wildfire s 😁
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register