Future electricity load forecast

Hey guys

Does anyone know of a fancy technique to predict the load profile of a building based on last years hourly data? Assuming the demand is going up every year how do we quantify it?
I have thought about stochastics as a statistical technique but was wondering if theres a better match?

Thanks

Replies

• amurray
    amurray
    Hello,

Some electrical load forecasting uses past load, past weather and weather forecasts to create load forecasts. These can also involve feedback on past load forecast vs actual to tune a model.

Andy
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but we cant directly say about load on depending on previous data
  • freak16
    freak16
    now a days artifical neural networks is gaining more footage for realizing the load forecast studies..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    freak16
    now a days artifical neural networks is gaining more footage for realizing the load forecast studies..
    but we can say the load forecast because we are having already load fluctuations even we can't say how much load will be after 10 min so how can say for future
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Not just the hourly data, as said by andy, we require to know the weather conditions too. For example, the weather in Mumbai has been very much different when compared to last year. This march has seen the lowest and the highest temperatures. So, the need of an AC or the heater had also been the highest. So, we need t know how the weather would change, if not exactly, at least roughly.
    Also, many factors like usage of less power consuming equipments. For example, you have to observe the trends of people too. People are increasingly using CFLs, 5 star rated equipments and even solar power in their homes. So, we have to observe these trends too, how much it may decrease the demand. Hourly data is the basic thing you will need. Other information are add-ons to give you a better projected demand.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    i think we need to take into account the future developments expected and the applications received from various firms for further installations. ofcourse the previous year's load and energy curve is referred. but in addition to that further energy developments are also anticipated.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at Northwestern University have developed a new switching device that could make quantum internet (very high speed and secure) Internet possible very soon. Check out our detailed VoiCE coverage:...
Hi everyone...I am doing a project on model based designing of landing gear of an aircraft using MATLAB. So, I would appreciate if anyone of you will help me out...
The read write web announced that they've confirmed from various sources that Google will announce their major social network at SXSW. Google's social network is obviously rival Facebook which currently...
Since the Electrical engineering has a group study thread so I've decided also to create a civil engineering group study thread. We will be discussing here topics and sharing information...
If you recall 2 to 3 years ago, netbooks were all the rage. These were underpowered laptops, usually with a 10-inch screen and ran from $250-$400, depending on the configuration....