funtion of plug play in bios

without fully startup or (from the startup) our os able to read external dirve like pen drive what is the reason behind it (i think plug play in the bios set up is the reason behind it m i right or not please corrct me if i am wrong)

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Lets take it this way -

Why our operating system is able to read the pen drive?
    Its because the drivers of "pen drive" are loaded into the OS which help it to detect and read the drive.

Now apply similar concept to the BIOS. In the latest BIOSes the drivers or the software to read the pen drive (flash drive) are already loaded. Hence you'll find the old BIOSes does not support boot from removable flash drives.
  • neha1
    neha1
    when pen drive is detected then how come viruses inside it are not detected?
    whats the logic behind it??
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    neha: virus is also a program , it also read by system,
    virus files are not visible and made as system files type by default while programming, In our glimpse it might be hidden, check with commands using command prompt it will show the virus files.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    neha1
    when pen drive is detected then how come viruses inside it are not detected?
    whats the logic behind it??
    Simply because there is no antivirus software in the BIOS.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Simply because there is no antivirus software in the BIOS.
    hi gaurav,
    i know that when the system start initially the detection of pendrive is the bios (plug play)work.
    and you want to say that when our system started out then also detection of pendrive or any external device is the bios (plug play) work.
    please clear my conflict..thankyou in advance.
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    mohit007kumar00
    hi gaurav,
    i know that when the system start initially the detection of pendrive is the bios (plug play)work.
    and you want to say that when our system started out then also detection of pendrive or any external device is the bios (plug play) work.
    please clear my conflict..thankyou in advance.
    ๐Ÿ˜
    I didn't understand your doubt.

Are you saying that after the loading of OS, the detection of pen drive is still the job of BIOS?

If that is your question,
    No, after the OS is loaded then the role of BIOS ends. BIOS, as the name says is just a basic input and output system.
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    yeah plug n play is used by bios to detect ur pendrive and for the virus u have to run antivirus program on ur os to clean it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the function of memory in bios setup. ๐Ÿ˜
Softwares/Hardwares useful to learn: C, C++, MATLAB, VHDL, VERI LOG, DSP Processing, PSPICE, MOTOR PRO, SYSQUAKE, PSCAD, SIM POWER, KEIL, LABVIEW, Embedded systems, Micro controllers and Micro processors. The following...
Can anyone provide information about maze follower robot.The specification is,it must reach the destination in a short interval of time.๐Ÿ˜•
I Would like to present paper on networking.please suggest me any interesting topic friends.
Hi, i have BSC in communication and MSC in networking,last few years i have been busy with my children.Know I want to begin PHD in communication engineering i need your...