Funny Stories with Moral Lesson

The Tiger, the Man and God

A man was being chased by a tiger. He ran as hard as he could until he was at the edge of a cliff with the tiger in hot pursuit. The man looked over the edge of the cliff and saw a branch growing out of the side of the cliff a few feet down. He jumped down and grabbed the branch just as the tiger reached the cliff. The tiger growled viciously as the man sighed a great sigh of relief.

Just then a mouse came out from a crevice and began to chew on the branch. The man looked down to what was a drop of a thousand feet and sure death and looked to the heavens and yelled out, "Dear God, if you are there, please help. I will do anything you ask but please help."

Suddenly a voice came booming down from heaven, "You will do anything I ask?" it questioned.

The man shocked to hear a reply to his plea yelled back, "I will gladly do anything you ask, but please save me."

The voice from heaven then replied, "There is one way to save you but it will take courage and faith."

The branch began to weaken from the mouse and the tiger was still growling a few feet above the man, "Please, Lord, tell me what I must do and I will do it. Your will is my will."

The voice from heaven then said, "All right then, let go of the branch."

The man looked down to a fall of a thousand feet and certain death. He looked up at the hungry tiger a few feet away and he looked at the mouse still chewing on the branch. Then he looked up at the heavens and yelled, "Is there anyone else up there?"

- Anonymous

Source:#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    A small town was hit by a devastating flood. The disaster was so severe it caused the town to drown in water and consequently many people died. Survivors climbed to the roof of their houses waiting for help since the only way to move around was by boat or whatever that could float.

Some locals who have small boats started helping people moving to dry areas. One of the survivors was known by everyone in the town to be a religious man. He was alone on top of his house praying and asking God for help. Of course, he didn’t forget to thank God for rescuing him from death. During his uninterrupted praying and supplication a small boat full of people came by. A man on the boat asked him to jump and come with them but he refused and told them that the boat is too small to take them all and so he will wait for the proper help. Actually, he was waiting for the city’s big and safe boats. Unfortunately for this man he was living far from the town’s housing area and because of that he had to wait until the next day to see the second rescue boat. This boat was also owned by a local, it was full of people but a little bit bigger than the previous one. But again the man refused to go with them and told them that he will wait for the proper help. In the third day, the man became physically weak but he was still strong spiritually and believed that help will eventually come and so he continued to pray day and night. The proper help from the city or the government the man was waiting for never came but instead a third small boat came. Again, he refused to join them, although there were only two persons inboard, assuring them that the city will send him help soon since it is already three days since the flood occurred.

Later, after couple more days and no more rescue boats the man died when he got very sick and ran out of food. The story says that the man was angry because of the way he was left to die alone without being rescued by God. When the man meet with God he was eager to ask him why he left him to die alone and didn’t send rescue although he spent all the time praying to him. Moreover, he continued to brag about his trust, believe and devotion to God. When he finished, God replied “I know how much you love me and for that I sent you help three times!”
  • johnpatrick
    johnpatrick
    Both stories are greatly created. They really shared good lessons to the mankind.

Thanks for this good effort. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the difference b/w CSE and IT? How they correlate with each other..?
hello..i am completely confused about ma career... can u help??
The topic might be silly and discussed in multiple posts. Lot of people have no clue how to ask questions on online forums or sites. They make assumptions which make...
Elune is an awesome Windows 7 theme that you can download and install to make your computer look awesome. Download Link: https://www.deviantart.com/download/199350232/elune_by_minhtrimatrix-d3aormg.rar [.RAR File] Installation Instructions - Install Universal Theme...
I personally love Firefox and enjoy using Firefox 4. But when it comes to actual tests on the browser, the browser that rules is Opera 11. IN the browser war...