Fridge energy bilans

Fridge consume electrical energy to decrease temperature in the chamber where we storage food etc. But in the same time it extrude heat outside to the kitchen.
Does Fridge give us more heat or cold in the room temperature?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It just transfers heat from inside the chamber to outside the chamber.
  • mathew89
    mathew89
    But we have some waste of energy exchanged to heat in the pump. So theoretically if we chooose the same volume od the fridge chamber = the volume od kitchen (without fridge), the temperature of kitchen will be increased more than temperature in fridge decreased. Is that correct?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    mathew89
    Is that correct?
    Yes and no.
    As Kausthub said a fridge is a heat pump. It does not generate cold but moves heat from a colder temperature to a hotter one. However, as you pointed out, there is the efficiency of the compressor to be considered. The total Kcal delivered into the kitchen will be more than that removed from inside.
    Looked at in another way, if the fridge door is left open and it keeps running, the room temperature will go up.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    A.V.Ramani
    Looked at in another way, if the fridge door is left open and it keeps running, the room temperature will go up.
    So we can't use Fridge as an option of AC. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The older ones with the radiator at the back could have been used provided this part was outside the room. The modern versions use the entire surface of the fridge as radiator, so cannot be used.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

now , in the final year company use to visit colleges and select the candidates for their company. Since, the competition is getting tough so only few got selected and...
I want a topic so that i can do some research on it , to explore something new and to enhance my knowledge and also to add this in my...
Hi fellow CEans, Anyone planning to go to GITEX at Dubai this year? Maybe we can have a CE Meet! URL: https://www.gitex.com/
Could someone explain why the torque applied to the steering wheel decrease in the same time when car speed increase. It is obvious behavior which we can observe in real...
After the success of its first sound bar, called the Juke Bar, Zebronics launched a better version- the Juke Bar 2. Zebronics is a well known company here in India,...