Frequency and Modulation

We take a carrier of high frequency for transmitting our modulating signal of lower frequency. If a signal has to be of high frequency for travelling longer distance, then how red light of white light of highest wavelength travels longer than violet colour whose wavelength is smallest.
And we know that wavelength is inversely proportional to frrequency.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Both are different the Red light is scattered the least by the particles in the atmosphere and so it is used in traffic lights

The frequency of the carrier waves provide more energy to the signal so when we receive it there is not much of loss in the strength of the original signal due to external agents
  • Tarun Goel
    Tarun Goel
    so we can say that frequency matters less for travelling the signal
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Not exactly energy of the signal depends on frequency so it does matters a lot in transmitting of signals

Travelling has many meanings so I don't like to comment on that

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why is it that the parallel plate capacitor is the one which is most commonly used? What are the disadvantages in the other shapes? or what is the special advantage...
Why is the blue laser affected very less cause of this but Red LASER is rapidly destroyed cause of this effect
What exactly is this ? Can a criminal escape this ? What are the effects of it ?
What are the necessary precautions to be taken when using a DC drive of above 100 V supply
hey i am not new here. My name is Mohit kumar singh I am from nalanda(Bihar). I have some good time on CE. But due to some reason i am...