Free Web Hosts OR Your Own Dot Com Name?

Hi. ๐Ÿ˜€
What according to you should be done? "Free Web Hosting OR Your Own 'dot-com' Name Website??"
What should be done? Why? ๐Ÿ˜’

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hey pranav
    you can't have free .com domain
    however you can have sub domain..if you want to host your own website
    there are many sites which provides this facility
    like page.tl,110mb.com
    of which page.tl is better they will provide you 1 gb space to host your website
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    goyal420
    hey pranav
    you can't have free .com domain
    however you can have sub domain..if you want to host your own website
    there are many sites which provides this facility
    like page.tl,110mb.com
    of which page.tl is better they will provide you 1 gb space to host your website
    Yes. That is true. I know what you are talking. I am asking, what is more reliable or we can say useful and easy to access?
    a sub-domain or our own website?
    Because now, free hosting sites also provides various features and tools by which we can make the website more attractive.
    Waiting for reply!!๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Pranav check this ..

#-Link-Snipped-#

There is a part I as well..
    I couldn't find it.. but its there in Announcements section.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    English-Scared
    Pranav check this ..

#-Link-Snipped-#

There is a part I as well..
    I couldn't find it.. but its there in Announcements section.
    Thanks. Thanks for your help! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    You are welcome dude.

Let us know your progress and your findings.

For your information if you want a website for your own and if you dont want it to end with .com you can get it for Rs 200/- per year also.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Ok boss. Will let you know about that. ๐Ÿ˜€
    No problem at all.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Domain registration & hosting are two entirely different entities. The decision depends on your purpose behind setting up the website.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    The_Big_K
    Domain registration & hosting are two entirely different entities. The decision depends on your purpose behind setting up the website.
    Yes. Now I got complete idea about the whole thing.
    I just read your thread "How to create, run & manage your own website - Part I & Part II"
    It is really very helpful for me.
    Thanks for posting that thread. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Glad to know you found it useful. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in those threads.

Update: Here are the links -

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Sure. Will definitely post threads or ask questions.
    All the members are really helpful. Now, no worries about the questions.
    Just post it to CE-Forum & problem solved. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Personally, I feel owning a domain name is worth the investment. Its around USD $6-$10 per year only! Since you can use it with some free hosts, why not? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, the best option would be to use it with Google Sites [apps]
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Ohk. I have just added that application to my google account.
    Now, I will try to develop something. [โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wonder whether you can really upload your custom files to Google site account. Is it possible to run a custom PHP script off the Google Site?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I don't think so. The Google Site pages are really limited in their functionality unless you create you own Google gadget. I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to security reasons. I think its better to try free hosts like 110mb.com that support php. They also work fine with Google Apps, since they are controlled separately via DNS settings.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Well not exactly.
    The overall template for the site is fixed in google sites. We can't modify that. ๐Ÿ˜”
    Next thing about the content. So, we can add the HTML code for the pages. But is again comes under the non-deleted template.๐Ÿ˜”
    It's not that good, as it not provides full freedom of creating website pages.
    So it's better to go for the other free sites which provides more powerful features and tools.๐Ÿ˜€
    Am i correct?? If wrong, correct me.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes you are correct ๐Ÿ˜€ Google Sites is targeted to those who focus more on content rather than designs. Our CE Bot site is hosted on the Google Sites, mainly because we focused on putting the necessary research and collaborating with many users. Thats the plus point of Google Sites.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Oh Yes.
    So, it's better to go for other free hosting websites, if and only if, you want to create or develop a small website.
    Else go for registered domain. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Great.๐Ÿ˜
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    I know, there are various websites which provides space for creating and developing the website for FREE
    But, in the whole tons of websites, which one according to you will be more beneficial?? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Waiting for your reply.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Pranav Kathale
    I know, there are various websites which provides space for creating and developing the website for FREE
    But, in the whole tons of websites, which one according to you will be more beneficial?? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Waiting for your reply.
    Depends on what you intend to put on your website. If its simple content based website - I'd recommend wordpress/blogger.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Ok sir. Now I have an complete idea. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I completely agree with you.

Now, apart from my current website, I'll try to make something 'different'. Will let you know as the work finishes.
    Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's good. In simple terms, if you need complete control over your website - choose a paid hosting. You can get very good hosting for around $10/month.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    The_Big_K
    That's good. In simple terms, if you need complete control over your website - choose a paid hosting. You can get very good hosting for around $10/month.
    Ok. can you please tell me, which are those paid hosting websites? I am just asking for general knowledge.
    That's obvious, there are N numbers of sites, but as you have an experience, you can tell me more specifically. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is the one I recommend to everyone (CE Referral link): Liquid Web - Managed Hosting & Custom Solutions

They charge bit more than the industry, but you get more than what you pay for. Most importantly - they'll help you with everything!
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Hey, thanks a lot for that.
    My last query about this topic is, what is the exact or correct procedure for hosting a particular site?
    I'll be very thankful to you, if you can provide that information to me. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Go through the article series I wrote (links available in one of my earlier posts in this thread).
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Ok. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You can try 110mb.com. Quite some nifty features for free.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    ash
    You can try 110mb.com. Quite some nifty features for free.
    Oh yes. I am now currently using 110mb.com free hosting site. Seriously, as far as free member considered, it provides very good features. ๐Ÿ˜€
    You can check my website, if you are interested. It is mentioned on my signature. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    nice job
    Mr pranav
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    goyal420
    nice job
    Mr pranav
    Hey, Thanks a lot buddy. ๐Ÿ˜€
    But, for what? ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    for your website
    i think it is created by you
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Yup. Created and developed by me. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks for that. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    BUT YAAR
    your website is showing my ipaddress and all location
    how you achieve this ?
    please tell me
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Do you mean the details showing about your computer and IP-Adreess on the image of the main page? ;-)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, I have a competition in my college in poster designing on the topic "cloud computing" , Can anybody please help me to start with it please!!!
I am looking for information on technology or methods used in rural electrifiction mostly on off grid networks
Hey CEans! While applying for jobs, I was having some inclination towards pursuing postgraduate studies part time locally. A couple of questions popped up, and hopefully this post will also...
CEans, If you want a free virus & malware protection for Windows powered PC, you should take a look at Microsoft Security Essentials : Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection |...
I stumbled upon this article: 15 Annoying Things About Google revisited I agree with almost all of the points mentioned by post author: Brian Mingus. What do you say?