four doubts (regarding the same thing)

why forum can't be a web application?
why orkut is a web application?
what is the difference between a website,webbased application and web application?
can we able to create a webbased application like website?
joomla also generating dynamically
queries so is it a web application?
if possible ppts or videos

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Q. Why forum can't be a web application?

A: I believe the definitions are loose. A web application is a computer application that can be accessed over the internet. In early days, forums were simple web pages with users being able to post content. However the modern forums are much more than that. Today's forums can do almost everything that social networks do (minus the custom app-installation, like facebook). CE, for example supports profile messages, personal messages, friend requests and lists, users groups et al.

Q. Why orkut is a web application.

A: Again, its called a web application because it lets you do many activities on the Internet.

Q. what is the difference between a website,webbased application and web application?

A: In my opinion; WebSite is meant to convey information. Web Based application is just another name for web application and its something that's meant to initiate user activity. A web app may not necessarily convey some information [Viz. Orkut] but meant to engage the user with some interaction.

Q. can we able to create a webbased application like website?

A: Yes. The techniques used are almost the same [JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PHP, CGI, Flahs et al.] they are tools; use them the way you like.

Q. joomla also generating dynamically queries so is it a web application?

A: Joomla is a content management system. It lets the administrators add content to the website and manage it with simple user interface. I'd call it a web application.

I don't think there's lot of difference between web application and web site. Its just the way we are using Internet as a medium.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Application is something which gives the permission for the users to send or receive data.
    If you take a very small application like applying online credit card , thats a web application which allows you to take your data.
    A website is something which gives the information from that page, a example will be any website which gives data!
    But as Biggie said there is no big difference as many websites also have a provision to enter our information etc which is again called webapp.
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    The_Big_K
    Q. Why forum can't be a web application?

A: I believe the definitions are loose. A web application is a computer application that can be accessed over the internet. In early days, forums were simple web pages with users being able to post content. However the modern forums are much more than that. Today's forums can do almost everything that social networks do (minus the custom app-installation, like facebook). CE, for example supports profile messages, personal messages, friend requests and lists, users groups et al.

Q. Why orkut is a web application.

A: Again, its called a web application because it lets you do many activities on the Internet.

Q. what is the difference between a website,webbased application and web application?

A: In my opinion; WebSite is meant to convey information. Web Based application is just another name for web application and its something that's meant to initiate user activity. A web app may not necessarily convey some information [Viz. Orkut] but meant to engage the user with some interaction.

Q. can we able to create a webbased application like website?

A: Yes. The techniques used are almost the same [JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PHP, CGI, Flahs et al.] they are tools; use them the way you like.

Q. joomla also generating dynamically queries so is it a web application?

A: Joomla is a content management system. It lets the administrators add content to the website and manage it with simple user interface. I'd call it a web application.

I don't think there's lot of difference between web application and web site. Its just the way we are using Internet as a medium.
    thank you bro
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Simple questions and simple answers. Nice. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Two Indian corporate giants, Tata Group and Reliance Industries, have made to a new list of world's 50 most innovative companies, but it is US-based Apple Computer sitting on the...
I'm checking out CE's statistics. I found out that of total visitors; over 14,000 of CE's visitors accessed CE with IE 6.0 browser. Although its a small faction of visitors;...
Are coaching classes necessary to get a good score in GRE? If a person is sincerely doing self-study, then will it be possible for him to get scores as good?...
Have a look at following video captured with the Vision Research's Phantom Flex, which captures 1080p images at up to 2,800fps -- with 1000 ISO sensitivity -- and can shoot...
Adept claims to have produced the world's fastest industrial robot, Quattro 😀 The following video demos shows Quattro's ability to pick and place with a WII remote powered platform. The...