CrazyEngineers
  • cameo
    cameo

MemberAug 7, 2007

Formatting as FAT16?

Hi,

I wanted to format an SDCard with a FAT16 file system.But when i put it in my pc to do that,i could fine FAT and FAT32 formats in the format window.

any clues how to do it? any 3rd party s/ws?

or are both FAT and FAT16 the same?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • MaRo

MemberAug 8, 2007

Use software like #-Link-Snipped-#
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • cameo

MemberAug 9, 2007

thats not working out.
    Partition magic is not detecting the SD card at all..

ne crazy engineers out tehr?
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 9, 2007

I was wondering if Windows allows partitions to be created on removable drives. Only primary partition is allowed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • cameo

MemberAug 10, 2007

i too think so.it doesnt allow partition .
    but i wanna format the card.When i put the card to format ,it asks the system type either FAT or FAT32.But i wanna do it as FAT16..
    I heard that FAT and FAT16 are the same..
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberAug 21, 2007

Ya know, there is such thing as FAT12. But it's usually used for floppy disks and small partitioned stuff (less than 16MB). It's a legacy tech.. so I'm guessing since you only have two options of FAT and FAT32, the first refers to FAT16.

Check out #-Link-Snipped-# for the details.

Here's a SD card formatter software from Panasonic: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberAug 22, 2007

cameo
    i too think so.it doesnt allow partition .
    but i wanna format the card.When i put the card to format ,it asks the system type either FAT or FAT32.But i wanna do it as FAT16..
    I heard that FAT and FAT16 are the same..
    Cameo, Windows doesn't allow partition of removable disks. Till we use a third party tool.

Hope that FAT and FAT16 are the same.. you may try this... may possible it will not work, but definitely It wont hamper anything too....

--Cra:sshhh:zy
    Cancel
  • chinkipradeep

MemberAug 25, 2007

😁To all my friends out here i want to correct u and provide the solution for formating with fat 16 without using any other tool then window...
    yes window provide a hidden tool which allows you to format removable drvies just go to
    control panel--administrative tools--computer management--storage--disk management u will get list of all storing devices connected to ur pc right clcik on 1 u want to format chose file type then format it is done no need to have any 3rd party software😁
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register