Formating laptop

hi i know how to formate pc but i have no experience with laptop is ther any difference in formating pc an laptop any exra or additional steps do we have to do or not.??
๐Ÿ˜•
so clear my doubt?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    No. I dont think there's any additional step involved in case of a laptop. Everything will be the same.

I presume you are using a bootable dvd or CD to format the disc. Am I right?If so, then you can use the same for a laptop too.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Safwan, as long as you have all your laptop drivers backed up, it should be no different ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Its just a portable system, absolutely no difference.

-Crazy
  • safwan
    safwan
    kidakaka
    Safwan, as long as you have all your laptop drivers backed up, it should be no different ๐Ÿ˜€
    yup kidakaka my orignal doubt was based on your information that do i have to take back up or not as in xp we do have cds or flopy of driver but in laptop we do not have thanks all cEans
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    You could as well back up your data from laptop too. I dont see a problem.

Your laptop too has a DVD drive, right?

Or, another method would be to shift all your data to a logical partition before formatting your primary partition, where your OS resides. This is of course for the case where you dont want to format the whole hard disk. If you wanna format only the OS drive, then just move the data in the OS drive to another drive.
  • yosha77
    yosha77
    What OS you are using. If you are using Vista than at the time of buying your laptops they must have provided you two DVDs (One if you have doubled layered one) ... just put that one and reload all programs after formatting,

If you have XP than this is same old stuff. But make sure that you have driver for sound and everything.

I think this is my cup of tea, as saw many threads some where talking about mobile jammers and someone were talking about controlling fan through mobile.

Mate you do not have to worry, just took your windows xp bootable cd and driver cd of your laptop. Put CD in the CD Rom and press a key to reboot your computer and after that follow the instructions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am doing project in BE IT i am suffering from a problem in how to send an email from java application. I did not understand how to start...
anyone watching man u vs porto?
The way I have my code is such that when there is an interrupt in the p0.5 , pin The ISR works - which is to BLINK an LED. on...
hiiiiii i need your helpppp plzzz ๐Ÿ˜• 1- what should be the PIV rating of diodes in the circuit ? 2- if one of the diode in the rectifier is...
Hi Friends, Can we save energy cost and measure it by improving power factor? I know if my billing is in KVAH and not in KWH, I have to pay...