Forklift which powered by aircompressor

how can i make a forklift which powered by aircompressor..???
if it is possible to make in low cost as compare to hydraulic forklift..???

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Pneumatic systems are rather expensive, and that is mostly due to the cost of the compressor (or so i heard).

You can still make a forklift working on a pneumatic circuit. but it has its own severe disadvantages.

with pneumatic systems, there will not be any level control. the working states of the system will be either "on" or "off'.

which means that , when you activate the direction control valve, the fork will rise in an instant, and when you shut off the valve, the fork will drop, as free fall. and in such cases if the fork is loaded, then some mishaps might take place.

But if you were to use a hydraulic system, you can control the speed of the fork travel, and also lock the fork , at any point between its dead centres.
  • Manthan Dadhania
    Manthan Dadhania
    u means its not possile....i accept that Pneumatic systems is not accurate than hydraulic but Pneumatic systems is cheaper than the hyadraulic...maintains cost is law..easy to servicing...no problem for oil leakegeing..etc..etc...
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Since I'm skeptical, I would start by researching the energy questions:
    • How much energy can be stored per unit volume in compressed air?
    • What's the maximum practical size for on-board compressed air tanks?
    • How much energy do conventional forklifts use per hour of normal use?
    With that information you can calculate how long the forklift can operate between refills.
    I don't know, but I suspect you'll have to refill the tanks a lot more often than gas tanks.
    And refilling high pressure air tanks isn't quick.
    And a lot of energy is wasted as heat when refilling.
    And high pressure air tanks are dangerous.

But it does look like an interesting project that could possibly have applications in extreme circumstances.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Manthan Dadhania
    u means its not possile....i accept that Pneumatic systems is not accurate than hydraulic but Pneumatic systems is cheaper than the hyadraulic...maintains cost is law..easy to servicing...no problem for oil leakegeing..etc..etc...
    Pneumatic systems may be cheaper, but when an accident takes place, then you can imagine the price that one would have to pay.

safety is a prime concern.

Now when the weight of the systems, comes into question, then i say that it wouldn't make such a big difference, because the weight of the pump (in hydraulics), would be equal to the weight of the air compressor (in pneumatics).
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    yes u can. I have worked on a similar stuff but din end well. Use Pascal's law properly and u can make wonders 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An interesting introduction to digital personal monitoring by Gary Wolf at his talk at TED@Cannes. Apps, mobile monitors and much else beside monitor every aspect of a person's daily life...
I want key genertor for this . please help me out
We started to get addicted to western culture, It starts from our dress,food etc.. There is also a thought among many of them, western culture, portraits them as modern people....
hiii friends.......i want the.clear idea.and.differences between the capacitance,inductance,reluctance. and also the difference between the resistor and diode... and.what will happen if we replace the diode with resistor
Generally, people can be easily classified, talkative or silent. But the silent people are always treated like ' dangerous'. And not to believe them. Why it is so? Being silent,...