Forced vortex flow

why is vortex fow important and its application in mechanical engineering??

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    centrifugal pumps work on the principle of forced vortex flow which means that when a certain mass of liquid is rotated by an external torque, the rise in pressure head of the rotating liquid takes place.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    the other applications are centrifugal compressors and turbo chargers.
  • Sujay Elangovan
    Sujay Elangovan
    Vortex Flow is also the working principle of cyclone separators.
  • Saugata
    Saugata
    Vortex flow finds its application in centrifugal and turbine pumps, in the study of cyclones and also in combined flows. it is also used to analyse the eddy formation in streamlined bodies, magnus effect etc.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want detailed information for the following file formats - drg , pcs , idi , wrl. Can someone tell me what are these file formats associated with?
Dear All, Please tell me whether we can use variable frequency drive in centrifugal air compressors. Regards, Harshad Katre
hi............. i'm Marut mishra.belonging from lko.(up),india.i'm student of final year from mechanical department....
i wanna make something like secret micro phone recording in some other place and recorded data transferred to receiver by any modulation technique, receiver should be with us, and i...
By the principle of magnetic levitation, with the proper metal suit, a human can fly in a room (which is in magnetic field) as superman... is it possible...??