Folder Options

could someone help me about this folder option because I accidentally hid my folder in my drive d.. and I can't unhide it because I can't see it at the moment.

it says I can unhide it in folder options in the tools section but it doesn't show the folder option.

even in the control panel, there's no such icon for folder option.
can anyone help me please? I'm running on windows xp.

Replies

• komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Try using attrib command.
    attrib -s -h
  • iRawr
    iRawr
    awwwee.. how to use attrib command?
    can you show me how please?
  • scorpionmaks
    scorpionmaks
    iRawr
    could someone help me about this folder option
    it says I can unhide it in folder options in the tools section but it doesn't show the folder option.

even in the control panel, there's no such icon for folder option.
    Open D: drive and go to "Tools" option in the uppermost toolbar . You will find it there.
  • iRawr
    iRawr
    there's no folder option on the tool option sorry to say :x
    dunno why but there's only 3 options I can see..

• map network drive
    • disconnect from network drive
    and
    • sychronize

no folder option..
  • scorpionmaks
    scorpionmaks
    Ok .. then try this..
    *open command prompt
    *go to D: drive
    *and use the command
    attrib -s -h
    *and check back in D: drive 😀
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    komputergeek
    Try using attrib command.
    attrib -s -h
    Good command . Is there anything similar for "folders" ?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Simple way ,,,try this...

Just right click on your D drive,select search ...It will display all the files and folders in the drive...Your hidden file or folder will be shown but it is somewhat shaded ...You can again right click on that particular folder and unhide...simple..😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I do not think it will show the hidden files. does it?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    iRawr
    there's no folder option on the tool option sorry to say :x
    dunno why but there's only 3 options I can see..

• map network drive
    • disconnect from network drive
    and
    • sychronize

no folder option..
    I hope I am wrong, but methinks that you are infected.
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    shalini_goel14
    Good command . Is there anything similar for "folders" ?
    Same command can be used for folders by adding some parameters:
    /D for folders
    /S for processing all subfolders.

Command :
    attrib -s -h /s /d
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    kidakaka
    I hope I am wrong, but methinks that you are infected.
    I think you are right.
  • iRawr
    iRawr
    awts. I dont think my computer is somewhat infected because I just reformatted it.

weird because before I reformatted it, there's still a folder option on the tool but after I reformatted it.. it disappeared.

it is somehow connected to my new OS?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Can you repair you windows system... ? Looks weired but it does helps sometime.

-CRazy
  • yamrajbhalla
    yamrajbhalla
    friend go to regedit in run hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\advance\folder\hidden\showall

and there change the cheked value to 0 okies and its done
    and if ur folder options ver disabled than get the below registry
  • engineer_vinay
    engineer_vinay
    yes, your pc is virus-infected.
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi iraw,

Yes your PC is infected and you can get back the contents of hidden folder in a simple way if you know the name of the folder (at least an approximate name)

-> GO to D: drive then click on search
    -> Then click on advanced search option and check the "search hidden files and folder option"
    -> Then give in the folder name what your searching for (that should be the hidden folder name)
    -> Then click on search, thats it......! you will get the content of the hidden folder

Now just right click on the folder and unhide the folder. your done buddy😉
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    You are infected with worm, it is not a virus. It is perhaps W32.Brontok.A worm. Try download some Brontok worm remover by searching in google. It worked for me cause I too affected by this worm and my folder option get disappeared. But I disinfected my pc with worm remover and now my folder option works healthy.
  • yogesh_dhiman
    yogesh_dhiman
    i think its a regestry problem dude u have to check ur regestry ort reinstall ur window nd scan virus . Virus is make a file in to ur pc regestry.
    for more information contact 9888927692 ,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello!I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking...
Hello all, I am Vivek, I have a paper presentation competition coming up in my college. Let me know some good topics for Presentation ppt in Computer Science and Engineering....
Hey,, am thinking to do Final year Project on some Simulator .. on some Error correction or some other techniques.. please... Suggest me some topics relating to Simulators.. orite.. my...
CEans, Following excel tip might come handy at times. Say, you want to merge two excel cells without losing data - First Name | Last Name John | Lennon Paul...
what is the output of 'c++' code????? void main() { int num=190*300/300; cout<<"num:"<