CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran • 12 Aug, 2013
As the topic denotes its all about transmission system.A fluid coupling or a torque converter is usually used in place of clutch in a vehicle especially for automatic power transmission system.
fluid coupling consists of two(turbine and impellor) rotors which form the basic structure and its very helpful in trabsmitting high speed to tge wheels.
Torque converter on the other side has similar construction and a extra part called stator between two rotors.It helps in guiding the fluid and decrease the loss.
Torque converter is mainly used to produce high torque at low speed.
In both of them working medium is fluid and if we compare the usage and advantage torque converter has a edge over fluid coupling because it can act as torque producer at low speeds and at high speeds it act as fluid coupling to produce high power trabsmission at high speed.
@Varada Vaidya • 01 Sep, 2018 • 1 like

Which has the higher efficiency and why?

9.7k views

Related Posts

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Dec 18, 2013

Micromax has again expanded its Canvas range of Android smartphones with the introduction of Canvas Blaze. This GSM+CDMA dual SIM smartphone has been designed by Micromax for Sistema Shyam TeleServices...
4.5k views

@Manish Goyal · Aug 30, 2010

I have installed kiwi syslog server in my PC but it is not working properly and i think the reason is my firewall , I want to add exception in...
5.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jan 2, 2014

With Intex Aqua Octa, Intex Technologies has kept its promise in bringing a smartphone with MediaTek MT6592 Octa core processor in India during the first week of January. The new...
10.7k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 11, 2011

What is the campus selection procedure for Sapient? I heard it visits campus very rarely. Could someone post their experience? Find some aptitude test paper questions here: You can also...
6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 30, 2012

Indian web developers rejoice - Google's web font has now included three Indian languages in their international 'local language fonts'. Currently the 'early access' shows 9 international languages viz. Arabic,...
6.6k views