Fluid coupling vs torque converter

As the topic denotes its all about transmission system.A fluid coupling or a torque converter is usually used in place of clutch in a vehicle especially for automatic power transmission system.
fluid coupling consists of two(turbine and impellor) rotors which form the basic structure and its very helpful in trabsmitting high speed to tge wheels.
Torque converter on the other side has similar construction and a extra part called stator between two rotors.It helps in guiding the fluid and decrease the loss.
Torque converter is mainly used to produce high torque at low speed.
In both of them working medium is fluid and if we compare the usage and advantage torque converter has a edge over fluid coupling because it can act as torque producer at low speeds and at high speeds it act as fluid coupling to produce high power trabsmission at high speed.

Replies

• Varada Vaidya
    Varada Vaidya

Which has the higher efficiency and why?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, I saw some pictures of buildings and there were some of them with an unusual shape. Also in many movies we see buildings whose shapes are completely distorted....
Quote: Go to https://www.mddionline.com/dare-dream-medtech-challenge to submit your medtech device and upload your files • In 150 words or less, describe how your device works. • In 150 words or less,...
Hey guys I'm currently trying to know how engineers perceive their outcomes by working at home and I need your opinion. Therefore as an engineer, what are the main outcomes...
As we all know , to run a vehicle in a good condition over a long life time requires a good maintenance but how far it is possible to regularly...
ZTE, the Chinese telecommunication giant, is now going to sell the Open Firefox OS smartphone in the United States (US) and Britain. Going on to sell through eBay in the...