Flipkart Free Delivery Applicable Only On Orders Over Rs. 500

Flipkart's no longer a discount heaven and the company has slowly increasing prices of the services. One major increase in recent times seems to be the minimum order value that'd make it eligible for free home delivery. Flipkart now makes it mandatory to have order worth Rs. 500 to offer free home delivery. I believe earlier the limit was only Rs. 100.

The company now asks for Rs.50 as shipping charges if your order is worth less than Rs.500. The shipment fee is also more than what it was earlier, Rs. 30. Now consider this when ordering a book. The discount that you'll get will be eaten up by the shipment fee and you will end up paying more for ordering from flipkart as compared to buying the book from a local book store.

Do you think the minimum order value of Rs. 500 is justified? Also, is Rs. 50 too much as shipment fee? Do you think all these updates will make Flipkart sustain their business model in the longer run?

Replies

• mallumatmari
    mallumatmari
    Flipkart became everyone's choice because of free shipment, now they increased the limit to 500 i think this will affect there business. some websites which provide free shipment will get benefited.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I think it was a part of their strategy. They first captured the market share by throwing huge discounts at people and making people feel that Flipkart offers stuff for cheaper price. Now they're habituated and won't look at other options for price.

Flipkart now can bank on their loyal customers for some time. But I'm doubting how long will this continue. HomeShop18 is a serious competitor and I'm thinking Junglee is building up some worthy fight.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I brought a 200 rpm gear motor for my pick and place robot but I can't control it. Can I reduce its rpm to 60???? Please help.. .....
If you regularly broadcast videos then you ought to know the latest BitTorrent Live, which has just entered public beta. BitTorrent has developed a P2P streaming protocol for the masses...
HCL Tech had recruited from campuses in 2011 and it looks like while we approach the end of first quarter of 2013, the candidates have not yet received their respective...
Today by chance I got to watch Star Vijay(A tamil Channel) and the program Super singer was running.! to my surprise I saw a young man much in resemblence to...
I completed my polytechnic diploma after 10th in 2010 and was hired by an MNC. But now I have problems changing my JOB as every organization asks for 15 years...