First Robotics 2011 Competition - how to start a team?

"The secret of building a successful team is not to assemble the largest team possible, but rather to assemble a team that can work well together." – Dean Kamen, Founder of FIRST.

We feel it is important that you learn all you can about the FIRST Robotics Competition before committing to forming a team. One way to do this is to find a local team or two, and follow their progress through a competition season. Attending a regional competition will allow you to gauge the impact of the competition for yourself. You can meet with team leaders and students, speak with sponsors, and see robots first-hand.

Once you are ready to start an FRC team, your first step is to form the partnerships you will need with team mentors and sponsors. Local manufacturing and technology companies are ideal candidates for mentors and sponsorship, as are local colleges, universities and technical schools. Many local chapters of professional organizations support FIRST through volunteer help from their engineers, scientists and technologists

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Great advice.I am looking forward to participate in Robo making competition.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Preview of the new professional-grade BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet and BlackBerry® Tablet OS. [video=youtube;eAaez_4m9mQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaez_4m9mQ&feature=player_embedded#![/video]
The innovative Cisco Cius is an ultra-portable, mobile collaboration business tablet that offers access to essential business applications and technologies. [video=youtube;vT55fjPxy54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT55fjPxy54&feature=channel[/video]
My friend asked me this one today. Try it: Tom is walking throughout a forest. He wants to know what day of the week it is. So he stops and...
I read the sites too. Can somebody explain me how e-bay site works ? What i knw till now is, the seller process, 1.register/acct creation 2.registration of the product pics/title/photo...
I'm a final year student of engg. Can u suggest some interesting topics for technical seminar related to information science and engg? wil be waiting for the reply....