First FireFox Smartphone Launched In Spain.

The latest phone ZTE Open Is $90 'Firefox OS' Phone went for sale on 2nd July 2013 which runs on Firefox OS developed by the Mozilla Foundation,a Non-profit company for developers & users.Mozilla has joined with Spain's Telefonica & Chinese company ZTE to launch it's first handset, to enter in the market which is already being dominated 90% by the two main Mobile OS, Android & iOS.

ZTE Open has 3.5 inch screen, 256 MB RAM, 3.2 MP Camera & 4 GB microSD card ; quite similar configuration to that of Samsung's young series. However, the price of Firefox Phone is surprisingly low.

We believe that smartphones need to be more open and that the web is the platform for making this possible
Telefonica Chief executive Luis Miguel Gilperez added.

While, Google's Android covering 69% of all smartphones sold in 2012, Apple's IOS with 22%; & they way the developers seem interested in the Firefox community, seems like the third spot will be filled by Firefox OS.

While Firefox OS based device has been launched, The most awaited Opensource project by Samsung i.e Tizen based phones smartphones, there's hardly any news of it.
Moreover many other Opensource project alongwith Tizen i.e Jolla Sailfish, Ubuntu Touch are at final
stage of development & will be hitting the market, soon.

While only 2 OS, i.e iOS & Android dominating the Market, which next Mobile OS you think has the ability to take on the third spot.Feature wise Ubuntu Touch looks promising, with Cheap price Firefox will gain much of sales for their low-end devices.
Still, two other very good Opensource projects i.e Tizen 2.0 & Sailfish are in the game.

What you think, which Mobile OS among this 4 new Opensource project will be owning the Third position ?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I noticed a Google doodle on Firefox when you double click on the Google icon.
    Tool tip on the Google doddle shows a burning fox with a title Firefox OS is launched, good thinking FF OS.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After the evolution of internet (especially social networking & chatting application) , We have seen the worst changes in the way English or anyother language been spoken. There used to...
​ Shrishti Asthana, a class XI student from Chandigarh, Punjab has made it to the finals of the Google Science Fair 2013. Her project titled “Solar Light Assisted nanoZnO Photo...
Everyone of you might be knowing what's GPG Key, if not then read this article. There are plenty ways to create GPG keys, some developers even developed application to automatically...
Wish you many many happy returns of the day aarthivg Have a rocking year ahead. 🎉
Sony's new Eye (additional $60) uses AR and PS4 controllers to create something really really amazing! Don't take my word for it folks, just check out following video -