Firefox Vs. Chrome Vs. Opera Vs. IE Battle

The browser wars are getting intense. Chrome is releasing newer and faster versions quickly and its going to be very difficult for other browsers to match Chrome's speed. Opera is also aggressive about getting its already the fastest browser take huge leaps on various platforms; the top priority being the mobile.

Over the years, IE has lost its market share from 90% to about 50%. Which browser will take the lead in coming days? What's your opinion?

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Well the next world is of LINUX. Like in linux there are so many os like (ubuntu, kubuntu, freespire, fedora, recently launched chrome os.... etc), so in all these only ubuntu has succeeded the most, but if we see the design of all these linux os it's approximately the same for all. Now let's come to the browsers, if we see chrome then we can say that it's speedy but it has one drawback that it crashes the most, then if we see opera it is overall good and it has one advantage that 'if due to some reason net is disconnected, the content which was in the process of downloading get paused rather than of getting cancelled as compared to other browsers' , and mozilla is also very smart, so it is very tough to say that which browser is going to lead. As generally linux gives mozilla so mozilla is going good ......../
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    Firefox and Chrome are best
  • think
    think
    ^ agree and i just hate IE 😔
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    From my perspective and my tests, I found Firefox better than the others. I wouldn't call anyone best as all have some problem associated with them.
    Firefox: ranks high in my opinion as no one can beat its collection of useful addons and pluggins. Though it may soon be losing this edge as many are slowly porting their addons to other top browsers too. Its UI is highly user friendly. Memory leak a major problem in case of users have lots of bookmarks and addons and open tabs(though there are addons to handle great no of open tabs most of them are not too user friendly).

Opera: fast and good for slow internet connection. But tends to have problem script heavy pages on slower connections(and sometimes for normal ones too). UI is good but not as good as Firefox I guess. Neat UI.

Safari : not very popular among non- Mac users but it is a very good browser technically.

IE: latest version of IE has improved from what a mess it was earlier. MS still doesn't stop making it a bloatware though. One can have the option of removing and/or disabling lot of irritating options.

Chrome : I loved it because its very fast and has a lightest memory footprint. But main problem is that it crashes a lot, and that may be the turn off for an user. Lots of pages load incorrectly even on high speed networks. And therefore not appropriate for long browsing periods.

A lot of commonly used software such as IDM do not work properly with Chrome and Opera and thus I avoid using those.

P.S. : my opinions above are based on test and observation done by me for those who sit online for extended periods of time. usually computer is on 24 hours a day, the browser is actively used for more than 5-6 hours at a stretch, has a lot of plugins and addons (>25), huge lists of bookmarks, have placed bookmarks on the bookmarks toolbar, has many opened tabs(>40 usually), is watching/ready a lot of media heavy content on the itnernet--kind of one can say a heavy internet user.
    one may also try out Maxthon and Avant browser. I found them good enough to be mentioned here.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Firefox rocks!
    Its Fast & has cool plugins, addons.etc.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    agreed with opti

Firefox rocks
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    No Browser is faster than Chrome....
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Intersting thread. I use Chrome but how is Opera?
    Other yopic (sorry, I meant topic): I have a laptop lying around. Where can I get a free OS to load onto that laptop without being a C++ superhero? And will I be able to hook up to my wireless ADSL?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Voltaire
    Intersting thread. I use Chrome but how is Opera?
    Other yopic (sorry, I meant topic): I have a laptop lying around. Where can I get a free OS to load onto that laptop without being a C++ superhero? And will I be able to hook up to my wireless ADSL?
    Opera is 'officially' the fastest browser on the planet.

You can try uBuntu. It's free and does everything you want and hooks ups with everything 😁
  • Abhishek.Tony
    Abhishek.Tony
    May be everyone should checkout Chrome 10.
    I don't think Opera 11 is faster than it..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😕 guys help me out... how do i start learning .net?? any resources...? books??? lectures?? should i go for a class or something? help me :smile:
Is Symantec taking unfair competition strategy to beat their they-believe-to-be competitors? IObit / May 19, 2010 - Recently, IObit has received thousands of complaints from its users stating that Advanced...
It has been reported that the 3G bidding has come to an end after 34 days of aggressive bidding by various Indian telecom companies. The winners of the bidding will...
CEans, As you might have noticed that we have introduced a sidebar on CE Forums. The sidebar is collapsible, so those who don't want it can close it. Should we...
The Raining thunder now in chennai... see the report