Firefox 23 makes JavaScript Compulsory.

In latest Beta version of the Download Firefox for Desktop — from Mozilla 23, the option available at user-end to disable & enable Java-script has been purged completely from the browser.The weird thing is, Mozilla haven't mentioned in their latest change-log/update-list of Mozilla Firefox 23, they surely don't want to fuss about it. But, In Internet world there's already plenty debates going on about this move by Mozilla.

extra-firefox
A browser basically supports nothing more than HTML, CSS & JS, All three WebApps in a browser but Mozilla Firefox 23 shuts down the Javascript from the browser , as veteran web app developers says that even after removing javascript, an user can have a very good experience in browsing the web pages.​
Question arises : Why Mozilla thought it was right to remove selection of enable/disable JS from the browser ?​
The idea was that if too many user options will be provided in user-end, users will click the options in a way which aren't recommended, thus resulting in constant crashing of the browser & normal users starts whining about that Firefox is buggy.​
The move by Mozilla seems to be purging JS option for normal users seems logical but a dumb move as per Veteran web developers.And, If Firefox is all about Freedom, then here the Freedom of choice whether to use JS or not has been taken away from Firefox browser users.​
Are you a Web developer ? What's your take on purging of JS enable/disable option from browser? Do you find this move my Mozilla, a nonsense ? Why so ? Elaborate!​

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are so many articles saying that even though the Intel's Smart Technology & Apple's Fusion Drive sounds similar, but It ain't. However, I am trolling blogs/forums for this since...
Yesterday, while coming back to home from college, I saw few kids on the streets were fighting. Being curious to know that what this new generation kids fight about &...
I am creating this thread here even though it's bit of technical thread related to Computers, Competitors shouldn't think that I am creating useless threads just to win. Overall, Our...
Ever thought of farm automation? Devon, from esologic.com loves tomato farming and his latest Raspberry Pi project allows for automation of the tomato farm. Well don't run your brains faster...
Wikileaks has applied to India to seek asylum for the man who exposed the governments - Mr. Edward Snowden. Snowden has acknowledged that he leaked the details of the United...