Firefox 23 Download Available - What's New?

Firefox 23 update is now available for download from official Mozilla website. If you are reading this post using Firefox, the browser might be updating itself silently in the background. Once the download is complete, you will have to restart your browser to install the update and get access to the new stuff. Well, the most noticeable thing in Firefox 23 is shiny new 'flat' logo. The logo gets rid of the old 3D and goes more 2D like and enhanced colors. Do let us know if you like the new logo through the comments below.

slide

Apart from the new logo, the desktop release has a mixed content blocker. This blocker will prevent insecure content from being compromised on the otherwise secure websites (HTTPS). For the developers, there's an options panel & new network monitor. You will now have more options to switch to your favorite search providers. In addition, the "Enable JavaScript" preference checkbox has been removed and user-set values will be reset to the default.

Apart from the above updates, there are several tweaks which you can read about on the official Firefox 23 Firefox 23.0, See All New Features, Updates and Fixes. Of course, as with every new build, there are several security fixes. Those who love Mozilla and Firefox, should quickly upgrade their browsers to the latest versions.

Replies

• pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Thanks for the information😀👍 , am a mozilla user😁
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Google chrome is best in browser arena (presently).IE is good but it consumes more time in loading yet produces best quality.
    Coming to mozilla-a decent pc browser with updated features may compete chrome.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have tested latest FF in Saucy Salamander, it looks better,faster than Chromium.
    In Linux, it is robust, I have noticed Windows users finds it crashing every now & then.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, one thing I notice is that the launch time seems to be reduced on OSX latest. I am falling in love with the new logo.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, one thing I notice is that the launch time seems to be reduced on OSX latest. I am falling in love with the new logo.
    Yeah. Looks kind-of powerful. I also liked the simplified interface for notifications of plugin installation. The new feature in toolbox: Network Monitor, the classic waterfall timeline view of network activity on a site, is now cooler. This data has been available since Firefox 4 via the Web Console, albeit in a less visually pleasing way.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    FF22 has crashing and unresponsive problem on WIN7.
    I was using FF23 beta build and latest update seems quite stable.

I thought logo looks softer because of beta version 😁
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Yeah got updated with in windows, but why no update for linux checked software update too
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CSK AUTO
    Google chrome is best in browser arena (presently).IE is good but it consumes more time in loading yet produces best quality.
    Coming to mozilla-a decent pc browser with updated features may compete chrome.
    Come on Mate you are in the olden days even now Mozilla fully functional with lots of addons to block flash and stuff Just occupies 350MB in my system

Can you just tell the size of Chrome in your system?

That is where Chrome fails miserably and FF rules the world
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Conqueror
    Come on Mate you are in the olden days even now Mozilla fully functional with lots of addons to block flash and stuff Just occupies 350MB in my system

Can you just tell the size of Chrome in your system?

That is where Chrome fails miserably and FF rules the world
    I am talking about quality mate.I cant compromise it with memory.Mozilla really lacks interface and speed.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The greatest joke of the year man Mozilla is one of the fastest and this update just sealed it's position in the top The comparison tells it all If a system can support all the extensions the quality output is way up there
    Firefox vs Google Chrome - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
    PS: Have you tried using FF

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering whether MP3 is the best audio format available to produce the best of the music quality. I've no knowledge of how MP3 compression works, but I'm guessing that...
I have lenovo G580 machine. I've been trying to install linux as secondary os... But i couldn't able install linux as secondary... ie., i have partitioned 450gb for windows and...
We love to talk about how education system is flawed and how it needs to be fixed immediately. I think more than the education system, what needs to be fixed...
Everyone loves WhatsApp and now you won't feel 'less equipped' than your friends using other rival messaging services like Line, Viber, WeChat etc. WhatsApp is getting push to talk voice...
Hola CEans, I think all of you should set your alert preferences so that you don't miss on any important activity of the forum. This is the easiest way to...