Finding Out Where A Shortened URL Leads To

More than often on various social networking websites, especially on Twitter you encounter shortened URLs. Normally shortened URLs are a good thing but they are now being used to betray you. They might lead to a spam site or to something that is completely useless. So is there a way to find what is beneath those links? Yes, there is. Several websites can help you locate the initial URL of the shortened URL without having you visit the URL yourself. Here is a small list of such websites.

Where Does This Link Go: #-Link-Snipped-#

URL X-Ray: urlxray.com

Long URL: #-Link-Snipped-#

If you find any other websites who do the same job please mention them in the comments.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Regional smartphone manufacturer XOLO has listed its new smartphone, XOLO Q1100 on its website. The smartphone has not made its way to online retailers but we can speculate that it...
sir, I was very intrested to do m tech in IITs . so iam preparing for gate exam. But i want to know that " During preparation of gate we...
The recently launched Motorola G (Moto G) phone shipped with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and a promise that upgrade to Android 4.4 Kit Kat will be made available soon. I've...
WineHQ team has announced the new development release version 1.7.12 with Windows Media Player interface support & 89 total bug-fixes. Along with the inclusion of Windows Media Player interface support,...
I came to know about this concept through the 2012 Movie - The Ship of Theseus. Directed by Anand Gandhi, the film makes you ask questions about identity, justice, beauty,...