Find the Returning time.

Sir / madam,
My question is

A bus started from bus stand at 8:00 am, after staying for 30 minutes at destination, it returned back to the bus stand. The destination is 27 miles from the bus stand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. During the return journey bus travels with 50% faster speed. At what time does it return to the bus stand?

Choices are
a. 10:30 AM
b. 11.00 AM
c. 11.30 AM
d. 12.00 PM

Advance Thanks,
R.Rengaraj
{SCE 33/2008/Pg 4 of 85}

Replies

• nucleuz
    nucleuz
    Answer :11.00Am
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    time taken to reach the destination = 27/18=1.5 hours
    time taken by bus at the destination =.5 hours
    time of departure of bus from destination = 8+1.30+.3=10:00am
    new speed = 18+9 =27 mph
    return time = 27/27=1 hour
    time in clock = 10:00 + 1 = 11:00 am
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    rengaraj
    Sir / madam,
    My question is

A bus started from bus stand at 8:00 am, after staying for 30 minutes at destination, it returned back to the bus stand. The destination is 27 miles from the bus stand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. During the return journey bus travels with5 0% faster speed. At what time does it return to the bus stand?

Choices are
    a. 10:30 AM
    b. 11.00 AM
    c. 11.30 AM
    d. 12.00 PM

Advance Thanks,
    R.Rengaraj
    {SCE 33/2008/Pg 4 of 85}
    hey have you typed the wrong speed of the bus...or bus was very slow..ie 18mph
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    goyal420
    hey have you typed the wrong speed of the bus...or bus was very slow..ie 18mph
    Sir,
    User:yadavundertaker came with the solution.
    Thanks,
    R.Rengaraj
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    nucleuz
    Answer :11.00Am
    Sir,
    Thanks, for your solution. But, the working only can make me understand better.
    Thanks, for your effort. Please continue your co-operation.
    Regards,
    R.Rengaraj

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Last night saw the unveiling of Peugeot's innovative new concept, the BB1 at The Hospital Club in London. With its BB1 concept, Peugeot has created a totally new solution to...
Hi Friends, I am Student of Aeronautical Engineering MSc. I would appreciate if any one can suggest some research topics for dissertation. regards,
The undisputed Baadshah of Bollywood turned 44 on Nov 2 Wish him put your views on what this year had for him and what the coming year seems to bring
Hello every Body My name is Akhil Agarwal, I am a Post graduate student of Entrepreneurship and have major in New enterprise creation and management. Beside that I have a...
plz.. can any1 help m out.. i have to create virtual environment,so i m trying on alice 2.0.if any one tell m about new environment which is free source,.i will...