Final Year Students: Still running after jobs?

This thread is dedicated to engineering final year students:

I was interacting with the T&P [Training & Placements] officer of an engineering college yesterday. A student came in & said he got rejected in the final 'medical test' because he is partially color blind. He was sad that he was the only one who could clear the technical written tests and interviews along with group discussions.

Now, that popped up a school of thoughts in my mind - why aren't these guys thinking of taking a plunge into entrepreneurship? Recession time is the best time to do it. Most of you already have job offers in hand; but the joining date is postponed by several months. So instead of wasting your time doing nothing; why not give your ideas a serious shot?

See, don't be under impression that you need HUGE capital to start your own venture. You don't need to work for someone before you start your own. Everything will be learned on the job - and you can trust me on this.

So, anyone?

Replies

• jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    I am Doing Final Year Diploma in Mechanical engineering Many of Friends are going to jobs only mate...
    We have less placements last year compared 2007 due to fluctuation world economy mate...
  • digitalchef
    digitalchef
    I dunno about other fields, but for structural / civil a lot of companies and govt agencies can't get enough - they're picking up everyone with a US degree
  • fake_lover01
    fake_lover01
    Yes please tell more about this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After Microsoft (Google Announced Chrome OS), now Google is attacking IBM in their territory. Google set its sights on IBM, unveiling a tool to migrate Lotus Notes users to Google...
I want to define run time of a program in C i.e the program should run for specific time given as input by the user. Can anybody give me the...
hi friends, can u plz tell me which book i should refer for oracle.. also want to know the name of the 3 modules of oracle??? m doing first module...
Name: CrazyGirl Engineering Trade: I am not an engineer (Mean to say that I do not have professional engineering degree); However I think Every human being has an engineering mind....
Folks, Are you aware of any side-effects of Whey Protein? Looking forward to your responses. ๐Ÿ˜