Final Year CS Project Idea : Enhanced Password Security System

Here's a final year CS project idea that's easy to implement yet innovative. The idea is not mine, but is inspired from a Japanese project described here - Password Security With Multiple Dummy Mouse Cursors.

Abstract & Problem Statement:

All the modern password security systems rely on preventing password theft by sophisticated software tools and services. However, when you are entering a password with a virtual keyboard, an onlooker, standing behind your back can quickly guess it just by observing your mouse cursor movements. Such type of password theft is very difficult to prevent.

This project proposes a new mechanism of preventing such type of password security breaches. The system employes several duplicate cursors roaming throughout the screen's real estate so that it's impossible for an onlooker to guess which is the real mouse cursor and where on the screen it is moving.

It might look like the moving cursors will confuse the user, but in reality it doesn't happen so. The user always knows which is the correct mouse cursor without getting confused.

Development Scope: Similar security systems can de designed and developed for mobile devices as well.

I believe the project is simple to use and you can use any existing programming languages along with graphics to implement it. If you have questions, ask them below. Please do not ask for all the ready made code, presentations etc. Do it on your own, and ask questions whenever you get stuck. That's how you will learn.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lot of freshers write to me via email about career in software testing, various growth opportunities that exist in India vs. career in software development. The main issue is that...
Traveling to Antarctica would definitely be a fun filled adventure provide you have a guide who can guide you through proper paths. The nice and smooth looking snow may have...
Kickstarter is an amazing initiative. It lets anyone post information about their project in front of people who can then decide to fund you with any amount. If people like...
hi friends i just came to know about roundone.in , which is a site for job opportunities through paid referral. does anyone know bout this? can i give a try?...
1) why breakdown voltage decreases with increase in doping level, what actually happens when diode is heavily doped. Why zener breakdown is less than avalanche breakdown.