file size of photos

Why do the file size of different photos taken from the same camera differ.?

What all factors affect the size.?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think it's the resolution that mostly affects the photo size. Try clicking photographs on different resolutions and find out the photo sizes.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The light absorbed while taking a photo varies. So I think that is why image size varies accordingly.

#-Link-Snipped-#

P.S: The word 'Photo' itself means 'Light'.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    The size of photo mostly depends on the brightness of photo & also on structural details. Also it depends on color saturation.
    I don't have any technical knowledge but i know this due to practice.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Its basically the intensity of particular colors. Brighter color images tend to occupy more space compared to less brighter colors or black and white. There's also a difference if you try to take the picture during he day, and during the night even at same resolution and flash rate.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Remember Er. Narayanan Menon? The engineer who entered Limca Book Of Records by using simple techniques to suck the maximum mileage out of his Tata Indigo Manza Qudarajet! Mr. Menon...
Magna Parva engineers develop ultrasonic space drill | In-depth | The Engineer
My lecturer ask me to plot an efficiency graph but he never the information about the y and x axis. He mention that this is a test for us to...
The cams used to operate inlet and exhaust of IC engines are designed for which type of follower motion - SHM or constant acceleration/deceleration? I think they are designed for...
explain the conditions of maximum efficiency of a dc motor and types of efficiencies?