Fibre Reinforced Concrete

I have here some questions about Fibre Reinforced Concrete and I hope civil Ceans will answer these.😀😒
1.What is a Fibre Reinforced Concrete???
2. What are the effect of fibre in concrete???
3. What are the factors effecting properties of Fibre Reinforced Concrete???
4. What are the different type of fibers usually used in the construction industries???

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    A Fiber Reinforced Concrete (FRC) is a concrete which contains fibrous material that can increases structural integrity. Fibres include steel fibres, glass fibres, synthetic fibres and natural fibres.
  • ranjeesh
    ranjeesh
    i recently did a project on effect of glass fibres on FRC..test results showed improved mechanical properties of concrete
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    maria flor
    I have here some questions about Fibre Reinforced Concrete and I hope civil Ceans will answer these.😀😒
    4. What are the different type of fibers usually used in the construction industries???
    In 1985 I went to Japan to select equipment for a medical device project. This was the year of the famous Tsukuba Expo. The Sumitomo pavilion there was a complete building made of fibre reinforced concrete. What we were told was that the walls ( All three floors high) were only 5 cm or so thick! If I remember right the reinforcement was carbon fibre.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Expo '85

I must still be having somewhere the commemorative 500 yen coin I got there:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

We had lots of fun in the robotics section:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The whole expo was a marvel of civil engineering to me.

Bioramani
  • henryfayols
    henryfayols
    I have here some questions about Fibre Reinforced Concrete and I hope civil Ceans will answer these:-

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    fibre reinforced concrete is a concrete to which we add certain fibres to enhance it's properties. we may add glass fibres to make glass fibre reinforced concrete or we can also add optical fibres so that the concrete can transmit the light to the other side.
    GFRC has more strength compared to the conventional concrete because it will have the extra strength given by the glass fibres.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    henryfayols
    I have here some questions about Fibre Reinforced Concrete and I hope civil Ceans will answer these:-

This is a good introduction to this topic:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mohammed Abdul Rafay
    Mohammed Abdul Rafay

Go through his article about Fibre Reinforced Concrete. You will definitely get all your queries answered

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Mohammed Abdul Rafay
    Mohammed Abdul Rafay

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a video about Green Concrete.😁 [video=youtube;910scqpLHIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=910scqpLHIE&feature=player_embedded#at=20[/video]
Hi friends, As we all study the subjects in the college and we also face the viva at the submission time so how if we start the Exams here on...
😕😉I just want to ask these questions about SILICA FUME CONCRETE: The characteristics of SILICA FUME The properties of SILICA FUME CONCRETE What are the advantages and disadvantages of using...
Can somebody here discuss about Rainwater Harvesting??? and also discuss Methods of Rainwater Harvesting😀
Since tunnel is also part of Civil, why don't we discuss about tunnels, tunneling method, etc. It's seems that there is no discussion here about tunnels. 😀 I hope you...