fiberglass roving tensile strength

Hello guys,

Well I am currently designing and building a small 2-axis filament winding machine.

To ensure that my machine is fail-safe, I need to know what the maximum tensile strength in fiberglass roving is (tension when it snaps). The reason being in-case one of the fiber's get stuck, I need to design the machine as such so that some of the expensive equipment dont get damaged.

Can anyone help me to determine what this tension is?

Kind regards,
Leon

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    It will vary based on the grade of glass. I think f=3.45GPa, approxiamately. Also, you can legally buy and download this pdf from ANSI about tensile strength of fiberglass and testing.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • drnaphtali
    drnaphtali
    Hello gohm,

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.

Leon
  • gohm
    gohm
    You are welcome Leon, hope it helps. Please keep us updated on your project!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Big K, this thread is dedicated for the response time from you. I thought this is the only way to get attention😒 P.S I take no responsibility if you...
I want to create a email alerter that will alert[It means that it should play some sound selected by me] me whenever I am receive a new mail...I want to...
On my computer, I have a folder which contains many files. I want all these file names to be listed in an spreadsheet. How do I do that? DOes windows...
Just came across this hilarious Dilbert joke that makes fun of the company policies. Check it out -
I have bugzilla installed in my system, but no idea how to get the url. I have no clue what is to be done next. Please help me.