Ferroelectric tunnel junction (FTJ) - A new class of memristor

Team of researchers from Japan, France and the UK have developed ferroelectric tunnel junction (FTJ) which exhibits voltage-controlled resistance has created a new class of memristor. Given the ultra-high speed operation of the FTJ, it can be used to form a basic architecture of the computers that can function like a human brain.

Researchers call it an achievement because this new memristor behaves in accord with the well-established physical models allowing precise knowledge of memristive response. The FTJ comprises of two electrodes parted by a ferroelectric layer.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

as we know that mobile towers radiate harmful products. so i have some thought in my mind that if we put antenna under the ground and a major antenna on...
If we can make a robot then we also can some modulation with human body. Actually this is for persons above the 60. if we can put a processor chip...
Please help me with the procedure for developing a cheap thermoelectric generator for house hold applications.
well, i'm just me, probably a geek , have a fantastic quantitative reasoning, and find myself with a good rapport with mechanics
I am trying to make the project on voice operated mail system using asp.net but had a confusion how to start it and collect details to create it. please tell...