FCC Reveals Google Glass - Enterprise Edition Model With Foldable Design

Google Glass is very much alive. The rebooted version of Google's face computer has found its way to the OET List Exhibits Report, where you can even find detailed high-res pictures of the same (a select few are shown below). The images reveal a unit with FCCID "A4R-GG1" that resembles the existing glass design. But one major change features the glass folding up like your regular spectacles, making for easy storage when one's not using it. But that's not the only welcome change - the glass prism is bigger in the new version, offering viewers a bigger frame. Also there's a camera light signal, which notifies the user whether the camera is in use or not.

The Google Glass didn't kiss success as many were insecure with corporations invading the wearer's privacy by silently recording footage from the camera without prior consent. That camera light notification is a small but smart addition from Google.

google glass 1
google glass 2 google glass 3 google glass 5 google glass 4

The new Google Glass also supports Wi-Fi operating at 5GHz frequency, an upgrade from the 2013 model, offering higher bandwidth and better data transfer via cloud.

The only point that can make a potential buyer withdraw is the fact that this device does not come with any Google proprietary software (say Android OS). Google shall be selling these devices to large firms through their 'Google For Work' initiative, and the firms will be installing their custom software onto them. But Google Glass - Enterprise Edition (aka Project Aura) is probably a good choice for hobbyists to experiment with different software. The reported specs of the Enterprise Edition include an Intel Atom processor and support for an external battery unit.

Google is yet to make an official announcement of the new Google Glass.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please can everyone help me please I am learning about hacking and I don't understand how to teach about hacking .......please reply me .....
Disaster management is an arduous task, and the primary reason behind it is the inability of humans and animals to physically work in disaster-prone areas. Shout out to HyQ2Max, the...
The day has come when robots and humans are ready to greet each other as colleagues. Nanyang Technological University introduced ‘Nadine’ to the whole world as their new receptionist, who...
I have 2 years of experience. I am handling all seo project in company. I can do on page, off page seo , social media marketing,ORM. I have also worked...
Cleveland-based startup Selfie-Z has created a product to make your gym life easy and hassle-free. In an effort to help out millions of people who face the same problems at...