CrazyEngineers
  • Lot's of companies (websites) provides Auto-Installer Scripts.
    Most popular is Fantastico.
    But, I found this one. Now you tell me which is better. And which is more powerful. 😀

1. Fantastico - #-Link-Snipped-#

2. SimpleScripts - #-Link-Snipped-#

3. Softaculous - Softaculous

Here's the comparison which Softaculous provides us - #-Link-Snipped-#

Still I want to ask you. According to me, SimpleScripts are advanced than Fantastico. Correct me if I am wrong. 😀
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJun 30, 2011

I've used Fantastico and it does the job. No experience with others. I'd strongly recommend not using auto-installers. What any software installer can do; can very well be done within minutes with full control over the setup environment. All the scripts, to the best of my knowledge, offer the same features. I did couple of installations using Fantastico, but then removed them and installed all applications manually to have better control and knowledge of the environment.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • imhere

MemberJun 30, 2011

Ok. So is it easy to install manually? or it is difficult?
    If you are saying, whenever the time comes, I will try to go for manual installation.
    But what if we want to choose one out of three after comparing features. 😀
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJun 30, 2011

imhere
    Ok. So is it easy to install manually? or it is difficult?
    If you are saying, whenever the time comes, I will try to go for manual installation.
    But what if we want to choose one out of three after comparing features. 😀
    Go with Fantastico. It really doesn't matter. You'll have to ask your web host which software they provide with the hosting plan.
    Cancel
  • imhere

MemberJun 30, 2011

Ok. I was just searching and taking information.
    There are max. number of providers who are giving Fantastico. And very less providing SimpleScripts and Softaculous.
    While searching, I found this article. #-Link-Snipped-#
    No idea about Softaculous. But they are providing 205 scripts (of which very few will be used) and Demo is also given at their website. 😀
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register