Fanimation Enigma

Looks like this machine really lives up to its name
#-Link-Snipped-#

as you can see that this is just a ceiling fan, but it is single-bladed !

as far as the balancing is concerned they have just added a counter exactly opposite to the blade.

but by this we can only balance the fan statically but not dynamically. lack of dynamic balancing causes some secondary forces to act on the machine, causing vibration and thus leading to failure in the long run.

but yet these people have succeeded in making a robust piece of machinery.

not only fanimation , but a another manufacturer sycamore has come up with a similar product. looks like a brand new technology is in existence.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Single blade propellers have been around since 1940.
    Single Blade Propeller
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Very similar to the flight of Maple seeds.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Nature did it very long back:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how do solar panels convert solar energy to electricity ? does anyone know the working mechanism in depth ?
Google Doogle... on July 15th
As promised earlier, Google had now launch their transfer service for Google + users. Now, Google+ user can transfer their existing circles, connections and preferences to new Gmail Accounts using...
Online Social network giant, Facebook, has opened a sales office in Dubai, with an intention of winning advertising revenue from the region which is supposed to be a big advertising...
Indeed, I'm different I'm unique. Ahmed Alabri that's me. I'm studying chemical engineering in Oman. I have my own ideas that make me different than others. The passion to reach...