Facebook's Domain hacked by SEA (Syrian Electronic Army)

Syrian Electronic Army, SEA managed to hack the domain of the biggest social networking site, Facebook. On it's 10th Anniversary, Facebook was given Surprise when SEA managed to change the name server information (as claimed by the Hacker Group) of the facebook domain which is registered with Domain Registrar (MarkMonitor), but later Facebook Officials have confirmed, that only Email Id associated with the domain was changed.

SEA says they have to abandone the process of changing the name server information as it was taking too much time.

The SEA changed the email ID associated with the domain, available in who is information. It all started when SEA tweeted this from their official Twitter Account
Happy Birthday Mark! #-Link-Snipped-# owned by #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
Here is the captured tweet of their twitter account.
[​IMG]

You can see the tweets and more info on their official account (@official_SEA16)

If they managed to change the name servers, millions of Facebook user account would have been compromised.
What are your thoughts on this?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Sanyam Khurana
    If they managed to change the name servers, millions of Facebook user account would have been compromised.
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Don't misunderstand these awesome hackers. They are not interested in your email accounts.They want employee accounts to gain better access. These people are just trying to spread the truth of CIA/FBI linkups with Al-Qaeda & lies about Syrian civilwar that are spread by US. If you look at series of hacks they've performed, you'll see something in common : US. And most of these companies which are hacked by SEA are the one who fucking accessing(infact tracking) your data without your permission! Google, FB, Twitter, Microsoft, Truecaller, etc.
    People like Bradly Manning, RMS (He's a prophet! Way ahead of our time), Edward Snowden,etc. make world the better place, not Obama or any of NSA puppets.

I have to say so much about SEA, CIA/FBI <-> Al-Qaeda, NSA & why I prefer Opensource(It's not about free software, it's about control of your own data - freedom). But, I have exam today. Hence, I will stop here for now.
    PS : Stop reading news. Most critical news are fabricated.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Absolute truth @#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I almost find it stupid that most of the smart phones have rear facing speakers. I think front facing speakers, except for the ear-phone is a must in smartphones and...
Toyota Etios Cross SUV was unveiled at the ongoing Auto Expo in Delhi. It was high time that Toyota had to introduce a competitor to Ford EcoSport and Renault's Duster...
Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Inc. wants his company to develop an Android phone, reports Wired Magazine. Do you agree?
Clear car rental is a startup based out of Aurangabad in Maharashtra. Sachin Kate, the founder of Clear car rental, moved out of his native place in Marathwada for basic...
Google has today launched a new tool for video conferencing called 'Chromebox for Meetings' that it says should make the process of making video calls in offices and homes easier...