Facebook Messenger For Windows Phone Now Available For Download

After a long wait, Facebook Messenger app is now available for Windows Phone users. Keeping up to its promised made during MWC 2014, Microsoft has launched the app with all the basic features available in Android and iOS versions. Among the various facilities provided by the FB Messenger app, the prominent ones are - Ability to send the new Facebook stickers and your photos privately, Having group conversations and Sharing your location so people know when you're nearby. Just like the online version of Facebook chat, on the messenger for Windows, you can know when people have 'seen' your messages. Apart from these, there are options to see who is using the messenger and who is currently online. Users of the app can turn off notifications when a break is needed.

facebook-on-windows-phone-1 facebook-on-windows-phone
It is important to note here that, the dedicated app for Facebook messaging has arrived just weeks before a new Windows Phone 8.1 update is set to release (first week of April). The app is a 4 MB download and is available on the #-Link-Snipped-#. A glance at the reviews suggest the top rating of 4 stars and users seem to be loving the interface designed for Windows platform.

One of the much talked about feature called 'Chat Heads' that debuted last year is available on Android and iOS versions of the app. Chat Heads are nothing but floating icons of your friend's profile pictures that appear when you receive a message, allowing you to easily access the chat. Looks like, it will take some time for this feature to make its way on Windows platform.

Are you a Windows OS phone user too? Share the reviews for the new app in comments below.

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Downloaded it today morning .

First look -- Nice Interface.

All the features mentioned above working fine.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# On which windows phone did you test it? Did you find anything wrong or anything that could be better?
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# On which windows phone did you test it? Did you find anything wrong or anything that could be better?

I am Using it on Lumia 520 . Its pretty much similar to other messengers like Watsapp with a pool of stickers available for download.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have registered for tcs off campus drive conducted by anna university. i have also completed the application procedure. but i havent recevied the hall tick yet. What can i...
It's time that the spacecrafts be maintained and refueled by robots! NASA has tasted success in developing a technology which would empower future space robots to transfer propellants in satellites....
I just bought a mini-display to HDMI converter to connect my iMac to HDTV. The connection works just fine but there's one problem that I discovered. OSX Mavericks provides no...
The South Korean giant - Samsung has today launched its latest tablet - Galaxy Note Pro (32GB) in India for a price tag of Rs 65,575. At this price point,...
After a gap of five years Microsoft is all set to unveil the next version of DirectX this month. Details of DirectX 12 will be made public at the Game...