Facebook Acquires SNAPTU For $70 million

Facebook has acquired the mobile app development, deployment and maintenance company SNAPTU for $70 million. Confirmed: Facebook Acquires Snaptu (For An Estimated $60 - $70 Million) • TechCrunchbroke the story.

Facebook had partnered with SNAPTU few months ago to develop rich applications for the smart phones. It's important to note that SNAPTU had recently partnered with LinkedIn for similar app development.

The company has raised over $6 million in venture funds from leading VC firms.

SNAPTU's acquisition is FB's first ever international acquisition.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TRAI has continued its tradition and indefinitely delayed the decision on No SPAM policy. Here's what the document says - DoT vide letter No. 16-5/2009-AS.III/(Vol. IV) dated 31st January, 2011...
hey hii..this is my 1st post..i am a 3rd year ece student..i wanted to know what magazines should i read or download in order to be updated with whats happening...
Aspirants of both the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE) and the Delhi pre-medical test might have to choose one as the WBJEE has been postponed from April 17 to...
I request all CEans to contribute the local tech news to CE. In my experience, local newspapers don't pay attention to tech news and focus on news that appeals to...
The Google Vs. China war is heating up. Google recently accused Chinese officials for banning access to company's popular email service 'Gmail', making it difficult for Chinese Internet users to...