Fabrication of water level indicator

Hello
I am 3rd mechanical student,doing a fabrication project on water level
indicator that can be fixed in over head tanks,to prevent water wastage by over flow.I want to use a mechanical float switch and not a electronic fluid sensor.Can anybody suggest me some ideas how i can connect the motor wirings to the float switch so that motor is switched off at the required level?

Replies

• ashuashi
    ashuashi
    raghuk.1988
    Hello
    I am 3rd mechanical student,doing a fabrication project on water level
    indicator that can be fixed in over head tanks,to prevent water wastage by over flow.I want to use a mechanical float switch and not a electronic fluid sensor.Can anybody suggest me some ideas how i can connect the motor wirings to the float switch so that motor is switched off at the required level?
    If you just want to switch OFF the motor once tank is Full -

Install a level switch (side mounted) at the tank. Use its contact NO (normally open) to give command to switch OFF the motor (to the push button used to switch OFF the motor).... 😎

Further...

If you want to switch ON the motor once the level is down, do reply to the post, which can also be done...;-)
  • Differential
    Differential
    ashuashi
    If you just want to switch OFF the motor once tank is Full -

Install a level switch (side mounted) at the tank. Use its contact NO (normally open) to give command to switch OFF the motor (to the push button used to switch OFF the motor).... 😎

Further...

If you want to switch ON the motor once the level is down, do reply to the post, which can also be done...;-)
    This sounds good. Also insted of pushing off the switch, you can have circuit breaker. In normal condition, circuit will be closed (ie. motor ON). Increased water level will cause air ball to float on water causing its movement and thus causing circuit break which will in turn switch off the motor.
  • raghuk.1988
    raghuk.1988
    thank u for ur reply
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Differential
    This sounds good. Also insted of pushing off the switch, you can have circuit breaker. In normal condition, circuit will be closed (ie. motor ON). Increased water level will cause air ball to float on water causing its movement and thus causing circuit break which will in turn switch off the motor.
    Yes this can be done but then it will require a time delay relay, else the motor will start and stop on frequent basis.

To auto start, have a level switch mounted at low level of the tank which will be used to switch ON the motor. Simple... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

installation and performance testing of solar flate plate collector
[Don't have credit card? It's alright. Other modes of payment are available.] [Discount available on bulk purchase (10+)] ​CEans, CE is extremely proud and happy to present you with the...
hi CEans, I am A b.tech final year ece student. I cam across this site and it seems useful to me. I want to make my major project as route...
Yes, thats me! ... And this is my post number 1000. I'd like to tell the CEans that I have decided to step down from the coveted Editor in Chief...
If you have any questions about Quest Course, please post them in this thread. Read the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...programming-yashwant-kanetkar-asang-dani.html