Extracting images from .avi file

Hi,
I want to extract image from the .avi file & save the images into jpg format. I had gone through some matlab functions like getframe() etc, but was unable to implement this thing.
Could you provide me with code which be a solution to this problem.

Best Regards,
Saurabh

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    i had seen some software for this kind of conversion but code...No idea
  • arhs
    arhs
    let's name "test.avi" your file.
    first read it: obj1=mmreader('test.avi');
    then you can get any frame from "obj1" with the following command:
    I=read(obj1,X);
    where "X" is the displied frame of the image "I"!
    this will be ok for realeases after '08 for sure!

sorry for my english and i hope this will work for you!

pleased that i found you guys!!!๐Ÿ˜
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    If u want to extract a still image from an AVI, I donno abt MLAB, but you can use Cyberlink Power DVD or Sony Vegas. This is what I use mainly to grab still frames from any video file.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Snapshot also a good freeware
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    As per my opnion Auroura Media Workshop is the best cause if you want to extract images from avi file than just load the avi file and set how many frames you want to capture. Then its done!!!! It will save the images in any format and it will save the images in desired folder.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, This thread is delicated to shalini and all CEans ๐Ÿ˜‰ In this forum we are going to discuss the various security issues (as far as I know ๐Ÿ˜’)...
We've run down the top 10 Windows 7 features and the best new features in the RC, but after using Windows 7 exclusively for a week straight, the real goods...
We've been hearing reports all morning of outages across the Googleverse, and while no one at Lifehacker HQ has been affected, that doesn't mean no one else has. Google's App...
hi i'm a B. Tech. computer science student from Sir Padampat Singhania University, Udaipur. I've just completed 2nd year..and i've got 2 nd half months' break. during these vacations i've...
Here's wishing CEan Just2Rock ๐Ÿ˜Very HaPPy Birthday๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ May your dreams come true Party on, dude! ๐ŸŽ‰:myparty:๐ŸŽ‰ โ€‹