Ever increasing google memory

Hello people, everyone of us has seen that the memory counter of google keeps on increasing. While I am typing in this thread, it is something a little over 7581.4MB.

Why is it so? Why doesn't give us the maximum available space at one go? Is this feature available in other search engines too?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Dude, as they say, the maximum space at that time is displayed. So, it means, they are increasing at a rapid rate. And Google is stacking up as many as servers as possible each and every time, an opportunity knocks! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hmm.. I think it's just a gimmick.. Agreed, that Google has huge storage facilities and all..

But this 7500 MB of storage for each is definitely based on the assumption that everyone using Gmail won't use the full space provided.
    I myself am using only 5% of the max memory.. It'll be similarly negligible for most users.. So, even though the memory given to us keeps on increasing,
    I doubt the actual storage capacity is also increasing proportionately..
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes, in that case, I agree with you. Most of us use less than 5%. However the fact may not be neglected that google is increasing its storage.

But I agree more to your point that most people use negligible memory and google may be creating an illusion of increasing memory. ๐Ÿ˜€

I have seen that google also sells memory for money. Has anyone came across this fact? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    silverscorpion
    Hmm.. I think it's just a gimmick.. Agreed, that Google has huge storage facilities and all..

But this 7500 MB of storage for each is definitely based on the assumption that everyone using Gmail won't use the full space provided.
    I myself am using only 5% of the max memory.. It'll be similarly negligible for most users.. So, even though the memory given to us keeps on increasing,
    I doubt the actual storage capacity is also increasing proportionately..
    Since GMail is stored on Cloud, what you say is partially right... But they are also having huge storage capabilities, which gets increased each second to about 1000s of MBs... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In most of the Universities in India, theory examinations are given the vital role. Thus, we study 'loads of theory' for every subject and write the same in the examination...
SIEMENS has won the largest ever contract in its corporate history expanding over 160 years. SIEMENS will build 300 high speed, eco-friendly ICx trains for Deutsche Bahn Germany. Read our...
how can we reduce the K-map of 32 bits....
Atlas just have had a successful launch! Check out the whole news here. ๐Ÿ˜€ SBIRS Atlas V Has Successful Launch - CrazyEngineers
Hello people want to watch through walls? Try Prism 200C Look Through Walls Without Window Using Prism 200C! - CrazyEngineers