error while surfing and get off from my net connection.

hi friend's currently i am using window xp sp2 and last time when i surfing on net it will show this error and after some time my net connection get off
i posted this here to know what it means and how to fix it.
the error is like this.

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
😒

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    hey guys 99 visit's and no reply.
    what happen i think it,s a vary comman problem in window xp.
    i gone fix this problem by using tune up.
    but i want want to know what the Generic Host Process means.
    anybody have idea about this.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yeah once i also got same kind of error
    check whether your firewall is on or not

Then check it and turn on
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    goyal420
    yeah once i also got same kind of error
    check whether your firewall is on or not

Then check it and turn on
    It's not working.
    Any more ideas.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    oh
    i think i am not clear,
    so hear
    Im running Windows XP SP3 and every time I start the computer I get the error "Generic Host process for Win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenienece." I think it happened because I ended one of the svchost.exe through the "end process" option in task manager because of high cpu , so now after the error comes up the themes stop working (it switches to the old classic theme.) and sometimes the audio of my computer stops working. Looking at Process Explorer I see that the "Generic Host" it's referring to is the svchost.exe that controlls the most services (the list of services is longer than the other svchost.exe's). I see that it disappears after the error and it occasionally comes back and leaves again but with a shorter list of services it's controlling. I tried doing a system restore but it didn't do anything. So I want to know how to stop the svchost.exe "generic host" from crashing. I appreciate any help.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    have a look
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Thanks for the link goyal.
    but the problem is still here.
    Now i use ubuntu 10.04 great working.
    Try it once.
    😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

networks what is Remote monitoring? how it is useful in networks ?
CEans, CE's goal is to bring engineers from various parts of the world, with various backgrounds on one common platform and we are taking one step ahead in this direction....
Following are the posts we published on our official blog, VoiCE during the past week. Make sure you didn't miss out on any. We look forward to your comments and...
CEans, Lot of engineering students appear for GRE and one of the most frequently asked question is When should I appear for GRE? Does the time of year you take...
CEans, Ever since we announced associate blogger openings on CE; we've been continuously receiving applications. I thought I'd make few things clear. Please read carefully. 1. Originals Content Please: I...