Epson Moverio BT-200 AR Smart Glasses Are Here For $700 To Beat Google Glass

Epson, the Japanese electronics giant, best known for producing some of the world's best computer printers, projects and other imaging equipment are here to surprise one and all with their latest Smart Glasses called - "Epson Moverio BT-200". These augmented reality, binocular, transparent smart glasses have opened up a wide range of applications in the entertainment, medical science and manufacturing sectors. Each lens of the Moverio BT-200 smartglasses has its own display right in your field of vision. These lightweight glasses work out-of-the-box with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as well as most of the Android apps. They feature a front-facing camera and a motion sensors that capture your head movement.

By wearing the Moverio Smart Glasses users can view content, front and center, on a "floating" 80-inch perceived screen. Moreover, they can access interactive track pad and smart navigation menus, so that playing the Android-based games and accessing general apps is more fun. These glasses also feature built-in card slot that supports up to 32GB microSDHC card. On both side of the glasses, you will find a micro-projector that are capable of projecting distinct images with a resolution of 960 by 540 pixels over the real-world objects. Included in the box are - Dolby Mobile surround sound compatible Moverio's detachable earphones. Epson promises that the rechargeable battery on these Smart Glasses offers nearly six hours of battery life.

Epson-Moverio-BT-200-smart-glass

The glasses include two removable shades for additional contrast and a new prescription lens insert. The Control unit features a textured touchpad and run on Android 4.0 OS. The company believes that the lighter and smaller glasses will enable the development of some truly innovative applications. Those who would like to contribute to the industrial design and enhancements can join the "Epson Moverio Developer Program" and build crazy new applications.

Do check out a product overview video to know more about the Epson Moverio BT-200 below -

Launched at a price of $699.99, inside the Epson Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses package you will find - a Carrying Case, Earphones with inline microphone, Shade x2 (light and dark), Inner frame for optical lenses, Ear Hook, USB cable and an AC adapter. Do let us know what are your thoughts, opinions and expectations on the new smart glasses in town.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great product launch from world reknowned Epson with cool features that is really competing with strong google glass.I like the features such as optional earphone addition, projector, Android4.2 ,etc
    Battery is good but they want to improve it for good and stiff competition with Google.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Great product launch from world reknowned Epson with cool features that is really competing with strong google glass.I like the features such as optional earphone addition, projector, Android4.2 ,etc
    Battery is good but they want to improve it for good and stiff competition with Google.
    EPSON has nothing to do with a Smart-Glass, is it an attempt to get a bid from Google? Because when Google see any one competing with them, they go ahead and buy them 😁
  • lal
    lal
    I'm waiting for that day when a RayBan Aviator will be called 'Smart' 😁

The ones right now look geeky, as if they are meant for a space traveller or a special agent as in the movies! Well, yeah smart glasses are just born! Still evolving.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am getting following error with FlipKart, seems like Flipkart is down or facing something issues with the server: Flipkart is down now: Below msg shown while access the site:...
Hi Ceans, I'm new to remote procedure call, i need to communicate to remote server via java program, i tried to use ws-xmlrpc(apache lib), but could not find any methods...
hi evrybody...i want to implement a mobile software(its not app),it should be supported by all mobiles i.e smart phones and normal mobiles...can i do it???do i require any special things...
Hi, im looking to do MS in Financial management/operations management. I have got a call from IIT-M. Can someone please suggest some topics I can start with.
it is given that phase voltage is the voltage between phase and neutral point and in delta connected circuit phase voltage is equal to line voltage. how it can be...