Entrepreneurship is hard because: There's no Boss!

Here's a point of view which is worth considering if you are considering foray into the world of Entrepreneurship.

Think about it. As an employee, your agenda is set by your boss and your job is to execute it within the time limits. You exactly know what to do at what point of time. You know who to report to and the business is ready made for you - you don't have to search for clients.

If you are used to it; entrepreneurship is going to be very hard. You have to set your daily tasks, your short term & long term goals, you have to search for the clients and handle the operations and that too, execute within the time limits set by you.

What do you think?

Replies

• csiscool
    csiscool
    The_Big_K
    Here's a point of view which is worth considering if you are considering foray into the world of Entrepreneurship.

Think about it. As an employee, your agenda is set by your boss and your job is to execute it within the time limits. You exactly know what to do at what point of time. You know who to report to and the business is ready made for you - you don't have to search for clients.

If you are used to it; entrepreneurship is going to be very hard. You have to set your daily tasks, your short term & long term goals, you have to search for the clients and handle the operations and that too, execute within the time limits set by you.

What do you think?
    I voted, waiting for others comments
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I agree this ,one has to be self motivated to be an Entrepreneur!

Should have the courage to face failure!

there are many more things too!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's one more point I'd like to add. Its very difficult to maintain self-motivation when you are on your own. During troubled times, it requires a strong heart to keep going.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    business needs friends network support,some money to further invest, hardwork, patience and etc,

but friends-network will help a bit, it is crucial,
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    I can see one person voted to second option,,shall I know your views??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Now think about it. Lot of CE's visitors come here searching for Project Ideas. When your college professor tells you to work on a project, gives you a title and project timeline; it becomes very easier for many to work on it.

But when you are told to come up with a project idea and how to execute it; everything becomes very hard.

I'm looking forward to lot of responses in this thread.
  • jd3cker
    jd3cker
    Personally, I disagree. For many people it is absolutely more difficult, but I prefer this environment. I'm more motivated now than I ever could have been working for the man. I love what I do and I've established a continuum in my work flow.

The prospect of unbounded success can be a much greater driving force than that Friday afternoon deadline for management.

If you've taken the plunge and are truly passionate, not just about being successful, but about whatever it is your doing, things just fall into place. I'd say the hardest part is taking that first step and deciding that this is what you will do with your life.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi , i need serious help in robotics.I actually decided to make simple line following robot with the help of the basic photodiodes and ir lights.<>. actually i...
I want to make money through adsense.. give some suggestions for me,, I dont want to spend money in starting a site by my own, Is it possible to use...
l see a lot of people use blogs, I heard it is an online diary, but do people use it like that??? what is the real purpose for creating a...
Hello, I'm a senior in EE and it's time for the semester project, after our chairman shot down most everyone's project ideas multiple times, I believe I got an 'ok'...
Hi. I am a student of 8th Sem Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I have had an opportunity to work with HIINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED (HAL) for my project. Today we reported...